Georgia-Atlanta

Venue Help!

Hey ladies,

My fiance and I have decided ona outdoor picnic vintage/rustic type of reception. I have a few venues i mind but as I talk to them their prices become ridiculous for our budget. can anyone think or know of a venue similar to the farm in rome... but a little less expensive who allows outside caters

Re: Venue Help!

• KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trolley Barn?
  • edited December 2011
    The Veranda in Senoia is really affordable, they also have a cute red barn out back that they rent as well.  Works for the whole vintage charm type of event.  They are inexpensive and allow outside caterers.  Good luck!  Let us know what you find!
  • edited December 2011
    Chukkar Farms - Alpharetta, GA
  • MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could check Rose Garden Mansion in Covington. Also, I was talking to a friend last night about a wedding she went to right outside of Macon. She said the wedding took place in a field and they strung lights across the trees and had picnic tables that were decorated very nice. So when the sun set the decor was absolutely breathtaking.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • edited December 2011
    The Trolley Barn is too expensive for our budget..=(
  • edited December 2011
    I love the ideas ladies, I am going to google both places and see what I can find out. Thanks!!!
  • mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen multiple posts on this board about Sunset Ranch in Villa Rica. From reading those it seems to be very affordable and quaint.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sunset Ranch is more for an indoor smaller reception than an outdoor wedding location. 

Other ideas include Seventy-Four Ranch in Jasper, Georgia and any of the State Parks here in Georgia.
  • Try Four Oaks Manors by Simple Gatherings?
  • can someone tell me more about chukkar farms? i haven't heard back from them and really want to know how much it costs there.
  • Here is the info I have on Chakkar Farms: 
    Thank you for you interest in Chukkar Farm. We are a do it yourself venue.  The fee for the day is $2500.00.  We give you the whole day to set up for you event and everything has to be cleaned up by 8 am the next day because we have polo or a wedding the next day.   We allow you to bring in what ever vendors you may need.  If you serve alcohol we need to be put on your insurance  as a daily event rider because we do not sell alcohol so we do not have a pouring licence.  We offer catering, setup and clean up services at additional prices if desired.
    Heather Ulmer
  • I am getting married at Chukkar Farm in less than two weeks.  Happy to share reviews afterwards or details if anyone is interested, but so far they are super easy to work with and super helpful!

• I don't know what your budget is but there's a place in Carrolton, GA called the Red Tin Barn & it's a farm that they renovated to have their daughter's wedding. They don't allow alcohol but apparently you can get around it. I'm not using but I have spoken with the lady that runs it & she's really nice. They have so much stuff they offer you to in the way of decorations & extra so you might want to give her a call or email. Cindy at redtinbarn@gmail.com or give her a call at 678-378-8484 Another bride on here is using the place for her wedding & she gave a rave review on another post on here.
  • Also check out Forrest Hills Resort in Dahlonega.  Rustic and VERY affordable! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards