Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Sloppy Floyd Wedding Venue!

Hi all,
We are looking into having our wedding at the Sloppy Floyd Building in downtown ATL and want to know if anyone has had experiences here or have pictures to share.  I am just a little worried how the ceremony might look so I wanted to see if there were any pictures of the room(s) dressed up to give us a better idea.
Thanks

Re: Sloppy Floyd Wedding Venue!

• Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited two ballrooms in this venue last December, but I don't have any pictures.  The rooms were not decorated since we went during the day.  I can't remember the names of the rooms we visited.  The lady we met with was nice and seemed willing to work with us in terms of budget for the food.  The views are really nice.  A few concerns we had: the only lighting in the rooms are the fluorescent lights, and they are either on or off.  There's no option to dim them.  We didn't like this for our wedding, which would be at night.  The coordinator said you can bring in your own lighting if you would like to change that.  Some of the window fixtures were broken and didn't look well kept.  You probably wouldn't notice that when the room is all dressed up though.

We also looked at a venue managed by the same people that was within walking distance.  It used to be a train depot I think and is near Underground Atlanta.  It was too big for our number of guests, but I like that more loft-like feel.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The place Cranberry mentioned near Underground is the Atlanta Depot... My senior prom was there!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My senior prom was at the Georgia Freight Depot too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I had my senior prom at the freight depot so I know how that looks.  I just can not find any pictures at all of the sloppy floyd venue and I wanted to see if it was possible to decorate it really nicely!  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards