Georgia-Atlanta
Options

QOTD 11/10/10

Should the MOB/MOG match the WP? If not, should they run their dress by the bride first?

I don't think that the mom's need to match. I want them to wear whatever is comfortable for them and makes them feel beautiful : )

Re: QOTD 11/10/10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they need to match.  I don't even mind whether they run their dress by me for approval.  But I trust them to have good judgment - I have seen some MOB/MOG on here that have some crazy ideas of what is appropriate...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they need to match.  It's nice if they run it by the bride first but not necessary.  They should definitely stay away from white or any color close to white though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They don't have to "match" but I think that the colors should coordinate in some kind of way. And I plan to go with my mother and FMIL to get their dresses, so perhaps I am just a little more particular when it comes to stuff like this... idk...

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think moms need to match, I just think they need to feel comfortable and pretty.  My mom has already told me that she's going to wear something in a dark purple shade, and she wants me to go shopping with her.  No clue what my step-mom or fiance's mom are wearing yet... tbd!
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am gonna say no. And now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever seen mothers match the wedding party. Hmmmm...now I'll have to rack my brain.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No I don't think that the mothers have to match the wedding party but I do think it should coordinate with the colors of the wedding.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    jasmined31911jasmined31911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think they necessarily need to match. But, they definitely shouldn't clash!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards