Georgia-Atlanta

Walmart Wedding Cake? And Publix cost per slice?

Has anyone ever tried one?  It was mentioned in the bridal bargains book, and I'm just curious. 

Second, does anyone know about how much a Publix wedding cake is, per slice?

Thanks! :)

Re: Walmart Wedding Cake? And Publix cost per slice?

• edited December 2011
    If I remember correctly, my sister did a Wal-Mart wedding cake but that was 8 years ago. I know her best friend did a publix one when she got married a couple years ago. As to the cost, I don't know. I'm sure you could go on their website or just give them a call and they could tell you. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Publix for my cake.  It's costing more than I thought it would.  When I break it down per slice, I'm appalled.  But it's under $4.00 and it will feed 100 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    We were quoted about $250.00 for a cake to feed 75 people from Publix.
    So that is between $3-4/slice. Definitely the cheapest I have found in Atlanta!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I dont know about Walmart or Publix but if Publix charges a little under $4 per slice I would recommend Eileen Carter.

Eileen Carter's pricing is $3.50 per serving and she does beautiful cakes, has won many awards, and been recommened by the knot..  She works out of her home in duluth.  She makes all her cakes fresh.  I had a tasting with her on Tuesday night and my mom and I were there for  2 1/2 hours.  She is very detailed and creative and most of all cares about you, your cake and you wedding.  I would defiantly recommend her.

My wedding cake is 4 tier with one layer being fake.  It will serve 94 people and is costing $407.50, that includes tax and $60 for the fake layer.

We are having an Atlanta Falcons groom's cake and that is $125.

She named my cake Dots & Damask.  We are having a Black & White wedding and will alternate the white on white design on each layer with the damask design and dots.  I left her house so excited and thinking this is the best vendor I have worked with so far.
  • adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard great things about Eileen, but unfortunately she is booked for my day. 

I'm curious why the fake layer is $60, though. 

I think we're going to have to go with Publix unless I can find someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards