Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Venues

So I am hosting a NYE wedding in Atlanta for next NYE, 16 months.... whew, Im finding venues are already taken for parties or have expensive minimums.  I am also living in Pittsburgh with the FH until next June, so I am doing everything online.  I wont be visiting until October or December to look at these venues and need advice for anyone who has planned a wedding or been to a wedding since I cant see them until then!

My top choices are Marriott Buckhead, 103 West, The Vinings Club, and Druid Hills country club. (150 guests)

Anyone ever been to these? or have any other suggestions for a reception in buckhead, with a REASONABLE price range???

Thank yOU :)
---------------Dave & Heather-------------------------- Crossed paths: Analytical Chemistry January 15, 2008 Asked me to be his wife: September 25, 2009 Ringing in the new year as husband and wife: December 31, 2011

Re: Venues

• Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I rarely go into that part of Atlanta, so I have little experience with it. But my limited experience has lead me to believe that nothing in Buckhead is reasonable. 
    But, again, I don't really know. 
    Sorry I couldn't answer your question, and good luck! : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Vinings Club and so far everything has been great.
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try Le Bam Events Studio, Le Fais Do Do or Paris on Ponce especially.
  • Options
    dstdiva03dstdiva03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a word of advice (for tax purposes), if you marry on December 31st you will have to file "married filing jointly" or "married filing separately" even though you only married the last day of the year.  Just FYI...but it makes for a GREAT anniversary celebration!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at Le Fais Do Do and loved it!  Marie the owner can do a lot of the planning too which I bet would reduce stress for planning from out of town.  Also, her prices are much more reasonable than most.  The location is in West Midtown which is pretty centrally located still, though, more "transitional" than posh Buckhead.  Personally, I couldn't find anything in Buckhead even close to my budget.  But, big thumbs up for Le Fais Do Do.
  • Options
    My husband & I had our wedding at Le Bam Studio back in November.  It is a great price for what you get.  As you will read everywhere.  The venue is one of a kind & a memorable experience.  The food & All-Inclusive pacakges really saved us the stress of running around.  We looked almost every venue in Atlanta from high end 103 West art studios.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards