April 2012 Weddings
Options

Maid of Honor Issue!

Has anyone had a maid of honor start acting increasingly mean as you get closer to the wedding? I haven't done anything to her but she finds it necessary to make nasty comments about her shoes for the wedding, verbally tore apart my favors, and made comments about the money I chose to spend on what. I dont know where any of this is coming from. I'm so taken aback. I'm 3 weeks from the wedding day and now I don't know what to do. She isn't speaking to me now, since I told her if she disliked her shoes that much then she could purchase new ones that she liked better. I'm worried she is going to just drop out all together. I only have a maid of honor and my FI has a best man. Has anyone else had any issue with their bridal party being weird as the wedding date approaches? 

Re: Maid of Honor Issue!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I'd say it's jealousy that you are so happy with your man and she isnt. Then separation. It could also be that she wanted to help you and you are so good at taking care of things yourself that she feels like she has not been able to contribute. Things like planning the bachlerette party and such.

Whatever the reason I'm sure she will come around before the wedding. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing!  Advice my other bridesmaids and mother have given me is.... either you need to have a heart-to-heart conversation about it OR complete wedding planning tasks without her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards