Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Places around ATL for engagement photos

Hey all! I'm wondering if you ladies know of any good, unique places for engagement photos around Atlanta? Long story (maybe) short, I wasn't planning on getting engagement photos until later on this year-winter, even into early next year. We're getting married in late Sept. or early Oct. 2013, so we have plenty of time. I was going to wait until I had a photographer who might do an engagement shoot with the package we order. I just wasn't going to visit the idea for a while.

Cut to my mom this weekend telling me that she wants to send out engagement announcements (WTF are those?). This is her thing and she sends out announcements for almost everything to family and close friends. This would be different from a STD. And these aren't "official" engagement photos. Just a few of us suitable to send out. Anyway, I was going to find a photography-savvy friend and take a few cute pictures that we can turn into cards on shutterfly or tiny prints or etsy. Now I'm just looking for some fun places to shoot. 

We love hanging out around Little 5, and that will make for very interesting backgrounds! We might hit up some of the local breweries (FI is really into craft beer). I just want to avoid frolicking park photos. It seems like every third person I know headed down to piedmont park for engagement photos. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the park, I just want to avoid that. It's just 'been there, done that.' Also I want to avoid anything that looks too "Olan Mills." You know, typical mall photography. HELP!

Any suggestions?

Re: Places around ATL for engagement photos

• Options
    laurapslauraps member
    First Comment
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I know you do not want to do the park and I did not either but I went to Stone Mountain Park and did the grist mill, the train tracks, the river boat and much more. You might still think it is still to "park like " :) but just a thought. I also think even in little 5's just on the main street that would make for some great pictures! 

One photographer I know did some on Ponce down by city halll where the "face mural " is those were neat too. Good luck!
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_places-around-atl-for-engagement-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:2f463686-ac6e-4dfb-a6bd-bd9bce2f5408Post:4fd8f305-0128-407c-bc55-61b7fabd295e">Re: Places around ATL for engagement photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I know you do not want to do the park and I did not either but I went to Stone Mountain Park and did the grist mill, the train tracks, the river boat and much more. You might still think it is still to "park like " :) but just a thought. I also think even in little 5's just on the main street that would make for some great pictures!  One photographer I know did some on Ponce down by city halll where the "face mural " is those were neat too. Good luck!
    Posted by lauraps[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you! I will definitely check this out. It sounds like there's a lot of different things at SMP that I can explore, so I don't feel like this is too park-like;) Thanks again!</div>
  • Options
    I wanna do some at the falcons stadium myself were both huge football fans
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    Piedmont park is a good/popular spot. I have seen some brewery engagements and they are SUPER cute. I would definately check that out. I think I saw an aquarium one too and that was pretty cool. GL!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    We had ours at Westside Provisions District where JCT Kitchen and Ormsbys are. It was actually a great place, there is a lot of really vibrant colors and cool backgrounds because of the different shops there.
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    Thanks all! I will definitely check out all of the suggestions:)
  • Options
    Try the Old 4th Ward area (Edgewood/Boulevard). It will give for some interesting pics and allow you to look totally out of the box.

My photographer is so creative, we don't even know where we are shooting yet! She scouts the place and we come. I'm excited to see what she comes up with. Her last shoot they took in some under the bridge with grafiiti, they were hot pics!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    How did you two meet? Maybe you can incorporate that into your pictures?

My fiance and I met while working at our previous job... AMC Theatres... We went back and took pictures there over the weekend! :)
  • Options
    I like the idea of the cultural aspect of the city. In little 5 or 5 points. I think you could get some cool shots. Also the Falcons was an awesome idea. I wish I had thought of that before our wedding. 
  • Options

We did ours in Downtown Norcross.  We were able to do them in front of lampposts, on the train tracks, on the swings, in a bar.  Lots of variety.

Here's a few of mine to give you an idea of the variety we had...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards