Georgia-Atlanta

Knottie of the Week - MeganJ26

Please help us learn more about you!

Names of the Couple?

Wedding Date?

How old are you? Your FI?

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple?

How long have you been dating?

Where did the you meet?

What was your first impression of your FI?

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far?

Any wedding-related challenges yet?

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!

Any favorite vendors yet?

Colors or theme?

What are your top three wedding-related priorities?

Any children yet or furbabies?

Kids at wedding?

Where are you honeymooning?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite tv show?

Favorite wedding dress designer?

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Knottie of the Week - MeganJ26

• edited December 2011
    Yay! I feel so special <3

Names of the Couple?Megan & Steve

Wedding Date? 10/10/10

How old are you? Your FI? We are both 27. He is 5 months older than I am.

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple? I work in accounts receivable, and Steve is a cook. Dream job for me would be working with animals, either in rescue or as a vet technician. Steve would like to be a chef one day. He is the best cook ever :)

How long have you been dating? Our wedding date is our 3 year anniversary!

Where did the you meet? We met through friends. I was dating someone at the time, and we became great friends. He was my ex's roommate for a while, and broke off the friendship w/the ex and moved out a few months before my relationship with him ended (the dude was psycho... it was complicated! lol). We were best friends after the breakup for about 5 months, and then found out we both had feelings for each other. :)

What was your first impression of your FI? That he was a really cool and funny guy. I didn't even know his real name (just his nickname) until I had known him for about a month.

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far? Spending more quality time with my Mom, and all my DIY projects. Oh, and we should be doing our e-pics sometime next month... can't wait to do those!!

Any wedding-related challenges yet? Trying to get everything done on a small budget ($5,000) and right now, finding someone to marry us!

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like! Here is a not-so-good pic of me in it (before I changed my hair color). The bodice and skirt are the same color of ivory... not sure why it looks lighter on top in the pic...

I got it as a sample for only $212.00, hopefully I will have some better pics soon.

Any favorite vendors yet? I love my venue... the Cultural Arts Center in Douglasville. www.artsdouglas.org

Colors or theme? My theme is Fall, and we have a lot of polka dots also. Colors are bright orange, dark purple, hot pink.

What are your top three wedding-related priorities? Hmm.... a sweet and meaningful ceremony, yummy food, fun reception

Any children yet or furbabies? No kiddies for us, but we will be awesome aunt/uncle :)
    One furbaby... my adorable Bichon Frise, Kiku. He will be 2 in September.

Kids at wedding?
    Yep, in addition to our 3 year old RB and FG, we will have about 8 kids that are under 10 years old, and I am thinking about ordering these plates for them to eat off of and take home as a favor:

www.save-on-crafts.com/foodface.html

Where are you honeymooning?Not sure yet... probably Charleston, SC or Savannah. Definitely somewhere that we can drive to.

Favorite book? My favorite authors are Dean Koontz and Laurell K Hamilton. Also, Charlaine Harris (wrote series that True Blood is based off of) and Nicholas Sparks. Don't really have a favorite book, I love them all! lol

Favorite movie? I can't pick one, so my top 3 are Princess Bride, The Notebook, and Dirtty Dancing

Favorite tv show? Family Guy, Grey's Anatomy, Burn Notice

Favorite wedding dress designer? All of them that were too expensive for me :)

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? A photo booth... actually, a photo wall that my FI saw last week!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • lucyslovedlucysloved member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I WANT YOUR DOG!!! He is so, so cute.  And I like your color selection, because it sounds so fun!  And what is your FI's nickname?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! He is the love of my life (other than FI, of course, lol!)

Steve is from South Korea (was adopted by his Korean mom and American dad at 3 months old) so he goes by "Chinc" with his friends.
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011

So glad to learn more about you Megan!

Your date is awesome.... I saw someone do a picture where she used rings for the zero-- you could do this with your date.

I love that the wedding has brought my mom and I close too... however I have been forced to have some "courageous conversations" with her about the fact that this isn't "our" wedding it is "mine and my Fi's".

I love the kid's plates!

Setting up a photo booth isn't too hard if you bootleg it! Ask your photographer to set up an extra camera with a remote... that's not too out of reach!!

• alison_lewalison_lew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great learning more about you!! Ditto w/ PP - kids plates are the cutest. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have that pic saved too, annetastic! I was actually telling my mom about it last week :)

I had considered doing some sort of DIY photo booth.... but the wedding will be mostly family and family friends to keep the guest list under 100 and save money, and I am not sure that they would "get it".
    We will be having a big party with all of our friends after the wedding and may do a photo booth type thing for that.
  • alikatt13alikatt13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    #1 - Kiku is adorable! For 2 he looks very much like a puppy still, lol.

#2 - A LKH fan!? Noone I know reads her, so that's awesome that you do. I adore Anita, and Richard... and Jean-Claude, and many many others.
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is sweet that you are getting married on your 3rd dating anniversary. We don't even celebrate ours. :( 
    And your dog! I supe puffy heart him. Fun reading about you, Megan !
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
    Alikat - I have read LKH from the beginning (both the Anita and Merry series), she is by far my favorite author! I don't have any friends that read her either, but my FI deals with my rambling on about the characters every time a new novel comes out. I can't wait to get Bullet, as soon as I have the $$

Kiku is the best dog ever! I was researching "hypo-allergenic" breeds when we decided to get a dog, and I fell in love with Bichons. They stay puppy-like their whole lives. They are very loyal, loving, cuddly, and energetic! If you have some free time and want to smile, search for "bichon blitz" on youtube :) Kiku is my little shadow and I take him every where I possibly can... we even took him to Kroger with us every week when he was smaller LOL He is full grown now at about 15 lbs.
  • alikatt13alikatt13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've read a few of the Merry Gentry, but they didn't catch my attention like Anita did. I own all of her books except Bullet. My FI deals with my rambling to so I understand.

I work with animals, so I understand how puppy-like Bichon's stay. They don't always, mind you, as I've seen my fair share of not so friendly ones. As much as I love dog's, our family consist of us and 2 kitties, so that's where my heart lies. However, my FAV breeds for small dogs are Westies and Frenchies. But FI said "no small yappy dog's are coming in this house!" Lol... he wants a Rottie. All in due time. I'll look you up after I buy and read Bullet, so we can gossip =D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards