Georgia-Atlanta

Let's Get This Board Going

Hey there! I think it would be awesome if we could all get to know each other a little more.

Name: (Whatever you'd like to go by)
FI Name: (Or initial)
Wedding Date:
Favorite Movie:
Favorite Book:
Hobbies:
Part of Georgia:
(Atlanta, NW GA, NE GA, etc)

Feel free to add anything to the survey that you want!

Name: Nyc
FI Name: S
Wedding Date: March 24, 2012
Favorite Movie: Natural Born Killers
Favorite Book: I can't pick just one. I love all of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
Hobbies: I make jewelry. I've only recently started though. I also enjoy writing short horror stories.
Part of Georgia: NW GA.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Let's Get This Board Going

• I love it!

Name: Tasha
    FI Name: Gabriel
    Wedding Date: 05/12/12
    Favorite Movie: Men of Honor / The Wizard of Oz
    Favorite Book: God Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe
    Hobbies: Cooking/Writing/and here lately wedding and marriage planning
    Part of Georgia: 
    SW
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Name: Mari
    FI Name: Wesley
    Wedding Date: May 12, 2012
    Favorite Movie: Oh gosh this is really hard, hmmm A Time to Kill, Oklahoma, It's a Wonderful Life, and Bride Wars
    Favorite Book: Anything by Nora Roberts
    Hobbies: Reading, I could sit and read for hours.
    Part of Georgia:
    West
  • Nice to meet all of you!

Am I less of a southern girl if I can't cook? Haha. I can make desserts, but nothing else. At all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not a southern girl...but I can cook a few things...FI's grandma can put me to shame...and he thinks I look lost sometimes. lol

But I know for SURE.... that I can make one HELL of a reservation ;) 
    Life Is Sweeter With Icing on Top... Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Haha. If it's my turn to cook, we always go out or I get the already made stuff that you just have to warm up.

Where did you move from? I was born and raised in GA, so I'm always interested when people have lived other places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: EricaFI Name: ScottFavorite Color: PinkWedding Date: 4/21/12Fav Movie: Can't pick just one! Fav Book: Harry PotterHobbies: Cooking, Baking, Shopping, Playing XboxPart of GA: Gwinnett

One more thing....FRIED OKRA IS THE BOMB. 
    We're doing Southern food at our wedding! BBQ, fried chicken, okra, green beans, mac and cheese....
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • I didn't even think about fried okra! We're doing BBQ too, but having problems coming up with side dishes.

Also, HP is my second favorite series. I've lost book 5. I have no idea where it went. I reread the series up until 4 about a month ago, but I guess I'll have to buy a new 5.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am from Colorado, but have lived in Hawaii, Maryland, Germany, Korea, London, Arizona, and North Carolina. I am a Military brat. :) haha
  • Name: Heidi
    FI Name: Jeremy
    Wedding Date: 12/1/12
    Favorite Movie: The Strangers....I love scary movies.
    Favorite Book: It's hard for me to have a fav....I love Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (LOL, really), The Black Dagger series. Wicked
    Hobbies: I read, I bake, I started a new blog recently.
    Part of Georgia: South.
  • I went to Hawaii in high school. We went to Waikiki. It was amazing. Out of all the places you've lived, where was your favorite?

Heidi, I watched that in theaters. I was scared out of my mind. It was me and one of my girls. We spent the night by ourselves at my house and were just totally freaked the rest of the night. Haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • London was number 1. Hands down
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_lets-this-board-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:3251e6b3-a83e-4701-aa7d-307780825259Post:8099fc71-80b4-4f97-8138-db4cd457573e">Re: Let's Get This Board Going</a>:
    [QUOTE]Name: Mari FI Name: Wesley Wedding Date: May 12, 2012 Favorite Movie: Oh gosh this is really hard, hmmm A Time to Kill, Oklahoma, It's a Wonderful Life, and Bride Wars Favorite Book: Anything by Nora Roberts Hobbies: Reading, I could sit and read for hours. Part of Georgia: West
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

DATE TWIN!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Hi Everyone!
    Name:
    Kim
    FI Name: Greg
    Wedding Date: 5.5.12
    Favorite Movie: Umm.... not sure.  Generally I like dramas & comedies
    Favorite Book: recently Hunger Games
    Hobbies: hiking with our dog, traveling, and right now wedding planning. :)
    Part of Georgia: Atlanta (Midtown)
  • Name: Amanda
    FI Name: Dan
    Wedding Date: 6/3/12
    Favorite Movie: Not really sure, honestly. I enjoy the disney Princess movies : )
    Favorite Book: Harry Potter *nerd*
    Hobbies: Reading, exercising, watching Criminal Minds (yes - that's a hobby!!), baking, crafting. 
    Part of Georgia: North, near the mountians : D

msteachme13 - I'm moving not too far from London after the wedding. When were you there? I love talking about places I've been : )
  • Name: Cassie
    FI Name: Josh
    Wedding Date: 11/4/12
    Favorite Movie: Bull Durham or Anchorman
    Favorite Book: Jane Eyre
    Hobbies: Softball, kickball, climbing, hiking, music 
    Part of Georgia: Atlanta metro

Looking forward to talking to you guys more!  :)

• They are about this goverment taking control of everything. All the districts have to send 2 "tributes" (1 male, 1 female) to play a game to the death. It's really good. I suggest reading it before the movie comes out in March.

Also, my FI and I watched the Strangers...at night...with all the lights off...with a new surround sound system...needless to say, I also didn't sleep much that night.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_lets-this-board-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:3251e6b3-a83e-4701-aa7d-307780825259Post:8856dfcf-ac96-43d5-9532-b4e05fc0ea4a">Re: Let's Get This Board Going</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kim, I've been hearing a lot about Hunger Games. What are the books about?
    Posted by nyc1210[/QUOTE]

Kids killing each other... doesn't that sound like a good read. :)
  • Name: Jasmine

FI Name: Jason

Wedding Date: 5/25/13
    Favorite Movie: This Christmas, Pretty Woman just to name a few lol
    Favorite Book: Anything by Zane
    Hobbies: i love to sing, decorate and take pictures
    Part of Georgia: South
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name: Sahar
    FI Name: Shard
    Wedding Date: 4/22/12
    Favorite Movie: Kiss the Bride