Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Have anyone been to Bride Beautiful in Sandy Spring???

I was wondering has anyone been to Bride Beautiful off of Roswell Road Sandy Springs? I wanted to know about your experience if so and if they have a good selection of Bari Jay Bridesmaids dresses?

Also, are there any nice restaurants to eat at in the area? TIA
My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
Created by Wedding Favors
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!

Re: Have anyone been to Bride Beautiful in Sandy Spring???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went in there twice.  Once looking for alterations (got them mixed up with bridal sense) and again looking for a flower girl dress.  Both times I felt like I was being looked down on and that the girls who worked there thought they were just better than everyone else.  They all kinda had attitudes and seemed fake like they were helping me but didnt really want to.  I would not recommend them.

Bridal Sense is just accross the street and they have lots of bridesmaids dresses and were very helpful.  I will be getting my Alterations done there.  In the Publix center accross the street there is an Italian place called Ippolitos which is awesome.  There are some other nice chain restaurants by perimeter mall which is 10 mins away.
  • Options
    alison_lewalison_lew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bride Beautiful and didn't have the greatest experience. I know some girls on TK have been and had great ones - may be whom you are paired with etc.

I felt rushed and didn't really care for the level of service.

In terms of restaurants - yes, as PP mentioned Perimeter Mall is just down the street..anything from Cheesecake Factory, to CPK, to Seasons 52.

New Natalie's carries Bari Jay (make an appt and I don't know about their selection).

Bridals by Lori does as well and their selection of BM dresses in general is generous.  You definitely need an appointmen there and Bridals by Lori is just down the street from Bride Beautiful.

Good Luck!!
  • Options
    cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a similar experience with Bride beautiful-no one really cared to help me, they all seemed to only care to help the people that looked like they wanted to spend a TON of money on a dress.  A lot of times if you don't make an appt. they won't really even talk to you.  

Now Bridal Sense on the other hand is just across the street and the owner is so sweet!  I didn't buy my dress there, but had alterations done and they were always kind and very helpful!  My mom had a hard time finding a dress and they really spent the time to work with her.  They don't have as large a selection as somewhere like New Natalie's, but I really liked how helpful they were.

If you want to see a HUGE selection of BM dresses, I would defiantly recommend stopping by New Natalie's.  They are not the cheapest, so, I may find somewhere else to actually purchase the gowns, but I will tell you, they have more BM dresses in one place than I found anywhere else!

As far as places to eat, there is seriously everything around that area!  If you go over to Perimeter Mall you will find just tons of places to eat!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'm in the minority here...

I actually went to Bride Beautiful on an extremely busy Saturday without an appointment and was helped right away. I had a wonderful experience with my consultant and honestly felt as if nothing else mattered in the world. She was very attentive and patient with me although I was not ready to buy that day. Of course it may have helped that she was also planning her wedding and getting married in just a couple months.

I can't speak for the BM dresses selection but I know there were several ladies there looking at some.

Bridals by Lori is right down the street as PPs have mentioned and Cindy there is AWESOME!!!! Smile They also have a fantastic selection of BM dresses. Probably the most comprehensive in the area.

There are a ZILLION places to eat in the area without even having to go as far as Perimeter mall. There is a Japanese restaurant that shares the building with BB. And all up and down Roswell Rd. there are some fantastic restaurants without all the mall traffic. However, you won't go wrong making the short trek to Perimeter Mall either.

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!! Thanks ladies for all of the info. I have not read many good reviews on New Natalie's. Most people said the service was horrible. But I just want to let the couple of BMs that have not seen the dresses in person or have not tried them on to be able to see them and maybe try them on.

Bridals by Lori was my next option. I will have to check it out. While we are out, (because I want all the girls to meet at this time) I wanted to take them out to eat. Me and everyone are out of town except one of my Bridesmaids. Has anyone else been to Bridals by Lori??? Thanks again for all of your help!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful experience at Bride Beautiful.  Wonderful!  The ladies there were really helpful and accommodating.  My mother purchased her dress there as did one of my BMs.  Couldn't have asked for more.
  • Options
    cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it really depends on who you talk to when you arrive.  And as far as the reviews you have read on New Natalie's, I totally agree on not good service, but if you go in and say "we are just looking at BM dresses to get an idea" they will basically leave you alone and let you look.  That's why I say "go look, but buy elsewhere,"  I they seem so busy, if you tell them upfront you are just looking, they generally point you to the changing room and then you are on your own!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually got my dress from Bride Beautiful and had a good experience. The first time was awesome...the second time was just good. I am going back later this month to look for bridesmaid dresses. I don't know about Bari Jay specifically, but I do know that they had a TON of dresses to choose from in the bridesmaid sections.

As for restaurants, there is a really nice BBQ restaurant that I love that is right down the street from Bride Beautiful if you head back toward the highway. Coming off of the exit, it is on your right, but heading back from the dress salon, it will be on your left. It is awesome, I promise and not like the hole in the wall BBQ places that may come to mind. It is a nice restaurant.

The name of it is...hmmm...KC Pit BBQ...I had to google it to be sure!

http://www.kcpitbbq.com/home.html

Hope this helps!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!!
  • Options
    adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a good experience at Bride Beautiful, too.  The lady was very helpful, although a little over the top "excited" at first... but she was trying.  And she stayed in my budget, and when I told her I was also going to go to Bridal Sense, she was nice about it. 

Unfortunately the dresses in my price range at Bride Beautiful were totally trashed, so I would have to spend at least $100 on cleaning and repair work not to mention alterations, so I didn't find anything there.

I really liked Bridal Sense though.  :)
  • Options
    gtgirl23gtgirl23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Sense is where I went.  They have tons of dresses that are less than 1K and Nancy the owner is so darn nice.

Tell her that Nancy (that's my name too)  sent you. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most horrible experience of my wedding planning thus far. Would not recommend them to anyone. They were so rude they had my MOH almost in tears, and the staff acts and dresses so unprofessionally, you feel as you are Burlington Coat Factory instead of a Bridal Salon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had a wonderful fairy tale like experience at Wedding Angels. More importantly, I continue to have one now that I am working with my bridesmaid dresses. I found my dress elsewhere and ordered from them and it was welll worth the attention, time, anf TLC you recieve there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards