Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Budget Wedding

Hey Ladies!

I am attempting to plan a very low budget wedding of about $6,000-8,000. I have been having a hard time finding venues, photographers, and DJ's that would fit into my budget. Venues are either all inclusive and too expensive or noninclusive but still too expensive. If you ladies have ran by, or run by any reasonable vendors in all areas could you PLEASE let me know.

I have explored the budget websites as well but have had no luck.

Thanks!

Re: Budget Wedding

• Options
    retaviatoretaviato member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sent you a PM about Photographer and DJ.

Not sure what you like in venues - I have about 30 in my list!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people? Does the area itself matter?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Are does not necessarily matter. We live in Dunwoody so we prefer areas close...Atlanta (preferably), Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Dunwoody, Duluth, Tucker and maybe Lawrenceville.

75-100 people

I am looking for venues that possibly have an outdoor and indoor option. All inclusive or not is fine, it just depends on the price

• Options
    retaviatoretaviato member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Dallas Civic Center

The Douglasville Conference Center

Taylor Brawner House in Smyrna

Clayton County Water Authority community building

Shannon Wright for photography

East Coast Entertainment for DJ

For catering, check out http://cateringclassiccreations.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.bigcanoe.com

I'm getting married there, and that place is gorgeous! They have an area indoors and outdoors also. The catering is in house, but even those prices aren't very much. The lady that does the weddings there is great to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Cavender Castle in Dahlonega

They offer a package that will meet your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vecoma on the Yellow River in Snellville
    Constance Manor in Winder
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lorifrank2003lorifrank2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Christopher Brock for our photography,video & DJ.  We spent $4,000 for all three.  Check out his website www.chrisbrock.org

On another note, a good venue for a budget is the old historic court house in decatur.  My cousin got married there and it was beautiful and very reasonable.  

Hope this helped!

Lori
  • Options
    dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just found the most amazing girl to do our cakes (wedding cake and grooms cake totals to $550) for about 80 guests.  She's in Decatur but totally cool and worth checking into.  The company is called Sweet and Sinful... the cakes taste amazing and her quote was cheaper than the quote I got from PUBLIX!!!  

I am also using Tulip Florist and received a very reasonable price for ceremony and reception decor.  

Hope this helps!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! These are some fabulous recommendations and I will be checking them all out this week online or making appointments. Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi--  I'm also a wedding coordinator and did a wedding at the Huntcliff River Club a few years ago.  It was very budget friendly and it was GORGEOUS!  They have a dock on the river and a ball room.  You can bring in your own food and alcohol which would save you a fortune!

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    P.S. Publix wedding cake: $80 ($30 for delivery and set-up)
    Our Publix cake decorator does custom cakes including a friend's waterfall cake (since they're both avid whitewater kayakers) for a "whopping" $125 for 120 guests. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

The Roswell River Landing only charges $500 for the facility and you can bring in your own alcohol and catering.  My boss's son just got married there this past October and with about 75 people the cost for their entire wedding was about $6000.

Here's the link: http://roswellgov.com/index.aspx?NID=245

Also its right on the water so its very pretty especially at night when all lit up!

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what are you looking for in a DJ and how much are you looking to pay?  My fiancee is part of a band (includes singers, saxophone, horns etc.) that may cost cheaper.  let me know. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards