Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Picking a date

Ok I need some advice. We finally chose a venue now we just have to choose a date. I was orginally thinking the middle of October but the director of my venue suggest we do the last weekend of September becuase we will get all of the green colors with the gardens. I am just worried that it will still be too hot outside even though our wedding isn't till 6pm.  I would like the green colors but also to have some of the trees turning colors. The venue is in Atlanta. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Re: Picking a date

• Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    It's really a decision you have to make yourself. I am in that exact same boat and FI and I are debating between Sept 28 2013 or October 5 2013, so basically those same dates. He's worried about it being warm enough, and admittedly, October is a bit of a wildcard month in Atlanta. It can either be beautiful or flipping freezing and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I wanted to stay in early october to up the chances of it being nice. Plus, I just like the date October 5. September can actually be a rainy month (not the most rain, but wet. And hot) and I hate the heat, so I didn't want to be melting while walking down the aisle. 

There's really going to be no way to predict the weather this far out. Even for this year. I would say you won't get those changing colors in September, but you risk a chilly wedding evening too far into october. Even if the ceremony is a good temp, it will dip lower as it gets dark. 

In September, you have that greenery you like, but it probably will be warm to hot at 6 p.m. But going later into the evening it'll probably feel really nice after the sun goes down. 

Good luck! 
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Also, I wouldn't wait too long to book the date. Once summer hits those Fall wedding dates will start to book up fast, so even though you've chosen a venue, I'd suggest signing the contract and having it done and official. September and October are VERY popular wedding months in Atlanta. I'm actually freaking out a bit myself because I want to get married in the city and don't want to go to the surrounding suburbs, and those city venues can go quickly.  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards