Georgia-Atlanta

Kent Rock Manor

Has anyone used this venue for wedding/reception or anything else. It is very beautiful, but I can't really find any reviews on it. Thanks yall!!! I am really trying to narrow things down a bit. Still waiting to hear back from some other venues, but meanwhile....

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Kent Rock Manor

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about it, but if I was interested in it, I'd be questioning the coordinator/owner about their foreclosure listing for the manor back in May of this year.  Certainly wouldn't want to pay a deposit, and *poof* location is gone.
  • msphil32msphil32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa!!! Thanks Hydrophile for the heads up. Where could I find that info on it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    By calling the owner/manager of Kent Rock Manor and asking them about it.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh...I was actually asking where you got the info from. I'm not using them, but I thought it would be interesting to find the information. Not sure that the "source" ie..the venue would disclose that information. I've definitely seen cases where the owner of a facility was aware and did not disclose. Anywho, thanks for the initial heads up :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    When I typed "Kent Rock Manor" into Google, their foreclosure listing was the first result that popped up.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They are definitely not forthcoming with that.  I was just there a few weeks ago, and didn't hear anything about it.  Actually, they showed me their new two-page ad in The Knot-Georgia magazine.
    We didn't pick the place, luckily.  I'd be really upset right now if we had.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kenishias...I'm glad you didn't book there either. Even if I hadn't had the information on the forclosure status, we would not have booked. I did not have a great feeling the very first time I contacted them by phone and after talking with them again, I was told that they would email me something and I never received it. I'm thankful for the information that Hydrophile posted though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kasie9270Kasie9270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married here on September 3rd and was extremely pleased. I would classify this as MORE than my dream wedding. The wedding coordinator is fantastic. She is completely on top of things and was extremely helpful. On top of the great staff, the house is absolutely amazing. My guests were comfortable and had nothing negative to say. Actually, I'd say they all left thining "WOW!!" Instead of an "exit" my entire wedding party jumped in the pool. I'd have to say, this tops any $500 limo exit. I had no financial issues with the venue and didn't never felt as if I would. If this home has had past financial issues, that is personal business of the owner and is different then business done with an outside source. The owner was even helpful on my wedding day and made this more than I could have ever dreamed of. I wasn't the mooshy gooshy bride that wanted everything 100% romantic. I wanted things to be fun, loud & "busy" and that is EXACTLY what I got. I give this venue 5 out of 5 stars and will continue to recommend it from here forward. A big hats off to the wedding coordinator, home owner & family!!
  • edited December 2011
    I actaully toured there this weekend and they were MORE than happy to discuss the forclosure reports! They are actually remodeling certain areas so I highly doubt they are in forclosure if new construction is being done. 
    The reason there is not a lot of information on the venue is because they recently just started renting it out for special events. 
  • Hi ladies! I saw your posts about your concerns for forclosure and Kent Rock Manor is in fact not foreclosing! There were some issues with banking documents and whatnot, but the issue has been resolved!

I got married at Kent Rock Manor this past September and it was truly a fairytale! The grounds are beautiful, the house is gorgeous, and the staff are extremely plesant. Don't let rumors get in the way of you making a decsion! If you are interested in this venue, I highly recommend that you go and take a tour. Talk with the staff and then make your decsion. You are bound to have the most amazing wedding if you choose to have it there!!

Happy planning!
  • I too just got married at Kent Rock on 11-11-11. The whole day was amazing!! The venue looked absolutely incredible and the staff went above and beyond to make the place look amazing.
    They even went out and bought the large stand up heaters for the patio because there was a big cold front that came through the weekend of my wedding. (They did this totally free of charge - and also allowed us to use all the linens/ table cloths free of charge too.)

I can't rave enough about how amazing the staff was. Pam the wedding coordinator nailed it. Every single thing I could possibly have wanted they made happen...and everything I asked for was beyond perfect.
    The bridal room was so nice...it made it very easy for the girls to get ready.

I highly highly recommend the venue -- and my only piece of advice is that you plan extra time to take photos because there are sooo many great spots -- we alotted 2 1/2 hours for photos before the ceremony..we easily could have used an extra hour!!

Any questions feel free to email me personally! I'll also send photos if you're intersted.

Jenn (JennRoberts316@gmail.com)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards