Georgia-Atlanta

DIY-Wedding Venue

I am in search of a beautiful wedding venue that you can rent the facility only and bring your own vendors....catering, decor, flowers, lighting etc?

My budget is 3k for the venue rental, but I'm willing to go up to 5k.

Re: DIY-Wedding Venue

• mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All of these are in the budget you are looking for and allow you to whatever you want, including alcohol.

Trolley barn - http://www.thetrolleybarn.com/weddings

Dekalb Courthouse - http://www.dekalbhistory.org/dekalb_history_center_facility-rental.htm

Wimbish House - http://www.thewimbishhouse.com/weddings.php
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a recommendation from another post:

[QUOTE]I don't know where in Atlanta you are from but you can look at the Roswell River Landing. It is JUST a venue though - it does not have any preferred vendors or wedding packages. I love it - it is right on the river and you can have your ceremony on a deck overlooking the water. The building is beautiful and can fit up to 200 people. You can bring in your own caterer/DJ/Photographer etc. I've just booked my wedding there. The rental fee for a weekend is $900 plus a $500 security deposit which is refunded after the event if there is no damage done. You get the place from 8 am to 2 am, and since it is owned by the city you have to pay $30 per hour for a cop for the duration of your wedding.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep - I love the RRL. I personally think it's beautiful, but I don't know what you consider "elegant". PM me if you want me to forward you an email from a girl that took pictures when she visited. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to a wedding at the RRL on Sunday!  I looked at the website and it is sooooo much more affordable than my venue!
    9-10-11 .... IX-X-XI Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure how many guests you plan to have, but you could check out the Wimbish House.  I think a Sunday wedding there would fall within your budget.  I am also heading to Vines Mansion to do a tour this weekend....will let you know what I think.
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like KTN Ballroom in Duluth - just pay a rental fee and you can bring in your own caterers, alcohol, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how many guests you're having but you can try Callanwolde Arts Center
  • edited December 2011
    What type of venue are you looking for? I may know of a bunch I've been looking forever. I've found a few farm like places, houses, etc. I'll private message you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards