Georgia-Atlanta

interview attire... in July

Hi ladies,

I'm from California, but I have a job interview in Augusta, GA in late July, so I need some fashion advice.  I've been told that the weather will be unbearably hot during that time, so I shouldn't use my tried-and-true lightweight wool business suit or (and I quote) I'll die.  What do professional women wear in the summertime? 

It's for a professorship position, so it needs to be a suit.  I've been looking at linen suits, but they wrinkle so easily, and most of the ones I'm seeing are lighter colored.  I was always told that traditional job interviewers need to wear black, navy or charcoal, and my suit collection reflects that other than a medium brown tweed suit that I fear is too casual.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
ml

p.s. Along the same line, I'm attending an evening wedding in Atlanta in July.  It's indoor, so would it be okay to wear a silk dress, or should I look for a lighter fabric?
p.p.s. Please feel free to invade the CA-Bay Area board if any of you plans on traveling over here!  I know a lot about the local restaurants and hotels.  :)

Re: interview attire... in July

• ldbarrett82ldbarrett82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is very hot in Augusta in the summer but I guess my thinking is that your interview will be taking place indoors and you'll be in the A/C both there and in your vehicle prior. If your suit is what you feel is most comfortable I would go with that.

All that being said, I work in state governement in Atlanta and I usually wear black or gray dress pants and a cardigan or 3/4 length sleeved shirts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, just wear your suit...you'll barley be outside at all.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards