Georgia-Atlanta

Small & Simple - but help needed

My fiance and I want a small and simple ceremony with the reception at our house.  I was looking at the courthouse but if I can find something a little more personal that would work too.  Here what I'm working with:

15-18 guests total (including bride & groom)
Marietta area
Wedding is February 22, 2013 ( yes, next month!)

I am only looking for a place for the ceremony, no reception.  I'd like to keep everything under $500 if at all possible.

Re: Small & Simple - but help needed

• Could you just get married at your house?
  • Marietta Square perhaps? 

• In Response to Small & Simple - but help needed:

Check out the Stanley House in Marietta - it's right off the square, and price-wise should work for you.  They have a couple of differenet ceremony areas you can choose from and you can definitely do ceremony-only. www.thestanleyhouse.com
  • I'll check with Stanley House and see if they will do a ceremony only.  Their package prices are too high for my budget.

Anyone else know of a place to have a simple ceremony?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_small-simple-but-help-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:5899935d-02a2-4f59-a512-be4d15d512ddPost:a13d1447-d046-4933-b0c8-2cbf11df045a">Small & Simple - but help needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I want a small and simple ceremony with the reception at our house.  I was looking at the courthouse but if I can find something a little more personal that would work too.  Here what I'm working with: 15-18 guests total (including bride & groom) Marietta area Wedding is February 22, 2013 ( yes, next month!) I am only looking for a place for the ceremony, no reception.  I'd like to keep everything under $500 if at all possible.
    Posted by ladystrange25[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Not sure if you'd have religious objections, but plenty of small churches will perform the ceremony for a small free, many times under $500. In Marietta, check out Sandy Plains Baptist or Pleasant Grove. I've been to lovely ceremonies there. Also, plenty of churches have huge sanctuaries but also smaller, more intimate chapels that they rent out for much cheaper. Hope this helps!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • try the gazebo on Marietta square
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards