Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Vendor Reviews!

Hello all!

I'm very happy to report that all of my vendors were incredible. I really have nothing but nice things to say about them, so I'm happy to pass along the names in case someone else would like to book these great people!

Agave Restaurant (Tim)

Do yourself a big favor and book your rehearsal dinner at Agave. Wow, what a relief. First and foremost, Tim is incredible. From our first meeting, I could tell that I could trust him with my first-born child, let alone this event! He wants everything to be perfect and will not rest until it is! He is also incredibly flexible with costs, and created an INCREDIBLE meal within our budget. He was so responsive, helpful, and reliable. Seriously, I didn’t have to think about the event at all once it was booked; he just took care of everything. Not to mention, the food was fantastic! Guests couldn’t stop raving about the cayenne fried chicken. If you haven’t tried it yet, go there for dinner! It’s the best fried chicken I’ve ever had!!

Park Tavern

The Piedmont Room was a beautiful place to get married. All of our guests just raved about the view and the food and the setting in general. Love that the booking of the room comes with all the tables, glassware/flatware/plates and those gorgeous chivari chairs! The food was delicious! We had a great spread and some great options for add-ons. The service was great - we worked with Lauren, and she was fantastic in organizing every detail. We did have some difficulty with the parking lot - one of my friends cars was broken into during a visit and then the Park Tavern sold it to Lanier Parking after we booked the event there. Lanier Parking is terrible and booted two of our cars on one visit and also charged astronomical prices for valet service. Luckily, we were grandfathered in with another company to do the parking, but all future brides must choose Lanier if they want valet... bummer.

Eileen Carter (Cake Lady)

Ahh Eileen! She welcomed us into her home and gave us a tasting, and we were sold from that moment on! Booked her right on the spot, and glad we did. The cake was beautiful and delicious - she was trying out a flavor the day we went in for a tasting and we fell in love with that delicious flavor! She was very sweet throughout the whole process, and also made a great groom's cake for us. Everything was VERY reasonable in price! She was a real find, and we are so happy to have worked with her.

Janet Howard Studios

Janet Howard is my photographer for life now! Her work is unparalleled! My fiance picked her because he is a photography buff and very picky, and then, to our surprise, she was also VERY reasonably priced! Janet not only has a great eye for photography but also does incredibly creative editing (check out her website and you will see!) Our wedding photos are breathtaking... there is simply no other way to describe them! Everyone is absolutely blown away when they see them. Plus, Janet is a great person, she makes you feel comfortable, relaxed, and happy. It was such a pleasure having her by our sides that day. She also does great boudoir pics - very classy and tasteful. I can't say enough good things about this woman!

Tulip

LOVE Heather at Tulip! We interviewed a ton of potential florists, but no one got my vision or offered new insights/ideas like Heather. She found out what I liked and tied it all together, from start to finish. The decor was just beautiful - guests raved about the florals and the linens were perfect. I honestly couldn't have been more pleased by the look of everything. Tulip took my vision, tailored it, and made it happen! They are a bit pricey, that is for sure, but it was for good reason because, without a doubt, they over-delivered!!!

DJ Tron

If you want to have a true Atlanta hip hop DJ, look no further than DJ Tron. He was the LIFE of the party and none of our guests could stop dancing/booty shaking/laughing! It was fantastic. He taught us new dances, he made up catch phrases (that my friends are still saying and will probably continue to quote for months), and I honestly didn't have to give him any kind of "do not play" list. He wouldn't even think of playing something cheesy. It was so great to feel like we were in a true dance club!!!

Trolley Guy (Georgia Trolley Services)

The Trolley Guy was fantastic! Very responsive, helpful, flexible, and just fun! He was cracking jokes with the guests, helping everyone on and off, and making sure everyone was taken care of. Plus, the guests loved that we were traveling by trolley! We highly recommend him, especially with such good rates!!!

Watermark Weddings

Kesha with Watermark Weddings made my wedding day (not to mention all the planning months before it) run so ridiculously smooth. My whole family is obsessed with her and the whole team from Watermark for making our day so special, easy, and stress-free. Seriously, they thought of everything. And, on the wedding day, before I could even think of what I needed (i.e. glass of water, change to flip flops, re-bobby pin my hair, etc.) a wedding planner was right next to me saying "here you go." They are like mind-readers!! They are a bit pricey, but it was worth every single penny. It was a wonderful investment that put us at ease and made my wedding so perfect!

Amadeus String Quartet

This quartet blew me away! I'm a classically trained musician, so I needed the best for my snobby friends (haha) and they delivered! They were probably the most expensive group, but they are all incredibly talented – playing with the Atlanta Symphony and the Atlanta Opera orchestras. Seriously the music was so beautiful you wanted to cry! It was Perfect!!!

Re: Vendor Reviews!

• Options
    kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews.  I am having my wedding at the Piedmont Room too, and I'm curious what you chose for your menu.  We are trying to decide and their menu is huge!  Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the seasonal menu (Garden Display) and it was delicious!!! The display itself was crazy fancy and unique, and the food was plentiful and yummy. We also did the add on mashed potato martini bar and the late night cookies. Everything was fantastic!!!
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad everything went well for you! And congrats to you getting married :) 
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awesome reviews! thanks so much for sharing!!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards