July 2012 Weddings
Options

Having a hard time finding bedding....

that isn't too masculine nor too feminine.  FI & I like color, but not too much.  We're not brown people...I have zebra curtains and would like to keep those, but we really don't want to keep our black and gray bedding we have right now....We're thinking red..but then red is kind of in the rest of the decor of the place so we'd like something else...is a deep purple too feminine? 

So far I haven't seen anything I liked from Target or JCP where we're registered...frustration...ahh well hopefully they'll come out with more designs we can agree on in January or February!

Anyone else having a hard time agreeing on something or finding something to fit both you and FI to register for?

Re: Having a hard time finding bedding....

• Options
    LOL my fiance and I are currently having the same debate, and we looked at the last one you posted from Target just this afternoon.

We both really love purple, so of course that's what we picked for our wedding colors.  All of our living room and kitchen stuff is gold, red, black, and green, so we decided we wanted to decorate our bedroom in purple so we could use some of our beautiful silk flower arrangements we are making for our wedding in our house.  Also, we've picked up some beautiful purple depression glass pieces and other decorations, and we'd like to make use of as much of it as we can after the wedding.

We looked and looked through the stores, but there wasn't much purple to be found.  He got frustrated and told me he didn't want to look anymore.  I am allowed to pick whatever I want "so long as it doesn't look like something a teenage girl would sleep on" LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I were recently looking. I washed my last bedroom set and the cotton inside lumped together nastily and made the comforter no longer useable.

We decided on a duvet and put that on our registry. You can find covers for them practically anywhere. We asked for Grey right now cause I was feeling grey like.

FYI- deep purple is the colour to symbolize royalty. :)

As for the purple, I can say it will look excellent with zebra print. My mom bought my daughter a bedspread (from JC Penny Teen spread section) that is patchwork, purple, animal prints, velvet blacks. She adores it.

So I found this at Target for you. Go with the deep purple and you could do an under colour of black or what or whatever suites you. http://www.target.com/p/Damask-Stripe-Duvet/-/A-12853913#?ref=tgt_adv_XSC10001&AFID=shopping_df&LNM=

Honestly, I find the duvet easier compromise as once you get sick of the colour, you can just get a new cover, but the actual spread stays.

(edit to fix the weirdness that was created)
  • Options
    We are having the same problem excpet we found two comforter sets we liked one from Macys and one from Crate & Barrell but with our luck both got discontinued right after we registered :(.  C&B said they come out with new stuff in Jan/Feb so we will go back then to both stores to see if they had anything.  I really want a duvet set but we'll see what we can find.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We haven't had this problem yet mostly because we haven't picked out bedding lol. But I'm sure it must be very challenging. I think the deep purple is a great idea! And you know, working with black and white zebra curtains really makes this easy. Black and white pairs with just about any accent color. I like turquoise, and there are definitely neutral turquoises and teals out there that aren't too girly, maybe you could take a look at those. Greens, yellows, oranges, are "unisex" colors as well that look great with zebra. Good luck girl!
  • Options
    It wasn't too hard for FI and I- we don't really care whether our sheets match our comforter or not so we like to pick out fun colors! We have lime green, ruby red, olive green, brown, navy blue, grey. We picked out a comforter becuase it was soooo soft and nice but it is kind of grey with orange prints on it- kind of strange looking, but hey if it feels good- why not!

I think purple goes very well with zebra prints. I don't think any color is too masculine or feminine as long as you both enjoy them. I think any color will go with zebra prints.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I looked for months and months to find bedding we could agree on.  We ended up choosing a duvet cover set from Target, but it's a muted aqua damask pattern which wouldn't help you out too much with the zebra stripes. :)  I like the idea of purple with the zebra drapes, and I don't think it's too feminine if it's darker. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    FI and I had the hardest time picking out bedding (well, actually it was me that had a hard time haha). We finally found something we both like, and it went on special and was over half off... so I just bought it haha. I didn't want to risk it being discontinued. But I feel ya on not being able to find something you like right off the bat.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_having-hard-time-finding-bedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:730b4435-ec69-4cf5-b95d-db4356e00f5ePost:fe5ed9f1-ad03-42dd-846f-c4322fa69f5e">Re: Having a hard time finding bedding....</a>:
    [QUOTE]It wasn't too hard for FI and I- we don't really care whether our sheets match our comforter or not so we like to pick out fun colors! We have lime green, ruby red, olive green, brown, navy blue, grey. We picked out a comforter becuase it was soooo soft and nice but it is kind of grey with orange prints on it- kind of strange looking, but hey if it feels good- why not! I think purple goes very well with zebra prints. I don't think any color is too masculine or feminine as long as you both enjoy them. I think any color will go with zebra prints.
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

This.

FI and I actually have our own comforters that we sleep with so we don't have to share.  He <em>claimed</em> that I have a tendency to steal the blankets so he started using his own, hahaha.
  • Options
    Luckily this is something that me and my FI can easily agree too. We both like color.  So between the color and any design... as long as it's not "too feminine" then we're good.

Have you tried checking Bed Bath and Beyond?
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=131166&RN=22&

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got ours from West Elm and are really happy with it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This was the hardest for us to find as well!  We looked (well, I looked and showed him pictures online..haha) forever at Target, BBB, and Macy's.  We finally found one we liked, but was being discontinued :(  After another month or so we found another that we liked.  It wasn't too expensive so we decided to get it for each other for Christmas so we don't run the risk of having to search again!

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html
  • Options
    thank you!!!

FI is a human furnace...and we live in FL..I mostly sleep with just a sheet anyways because FI's body gives off that much heat (especially under blankets).and I hate being warm while in bed...so we don't want a down comforter...but the duvet is a good option I've thought of...ahh..we'll find something!

Meagan!!  Love love the anthro!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_having-hard-time-finding-bedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:730b4435-ec69-4cf5-b95d-db4356e00f5ePost:bfe64454-b156-43f8-b638-13b0f7718b5b">Re: Having a hard time finding bedding....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Having a hard time finding bedding.... : This. FI and I actually have our own comforters that we sleep with so we don't have to share.  He claimed that I have a tendency to steal the blankets so he started using his own, hahaha.
    Posted by penny12986[/QUOTE]

Hahaha really?? We do too! Once we started doing this I swore we were probably the only couple who slept with different comforters. I gradually get very hot through the night and I tend to kick my sheets and comforters off while asleep lol. Kind of a problem for FI when the poor guy has his comforter pulled off middle of the night  only to have me just kick it to the floor hahaha! Glad to know we're not alone! :)
  • Options
    We also sleep with separate comforters :)  Maybe it's not too uncommon?

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_having-hard-time-finding-bedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:730b4435-ec69-4cf5-b95d-db4356e00f5ePost:a0e7520b-17ab-4b33-b6da-046a0a64724e">Having a hard time finding bedding....</a>:
    [QUOTE]that isn't too masculine nor too feminine.  FI & I like color, but not too much.  We're not brown people...I have zebra curtains and would like to keep those, but we really don't want to keep our black and gray bedding we have right now....We're thinking red..but then red is kind of in the rest of the decor of the place so we'd like something else...is a deep purple too feminine?  So far I haven't seen anything I liked from Target or JCP where we're registered...frustration...ahh well hopefully they'll come out with more designs we can agree on in January or February! Anyone else having a hard time agreeing on something or finding something to fit both you and FI to register for?
    Posted by littlemoments324[/QUOTE]

We are not registering for gifts, but I have been on a long mission to find bedding as well.  It's not easy!  I've returned quite a few comforter sets!  I'm going to look again when the after-Christmas sales start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards