Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Center Aisle Churches?

Hey y'all!  

I was hoping to get some help with finding churches in the metro-Atlanta area (basically anywhere within an hour of Atlanta, but probably more the DeKalb/Gwinnett area) that have center aisles... the search is a lot harder than I thought!  The two of us go to a nondenominational church (which isn't pretty on outside or inside) and I really like the look of baptist churches with the columns (although I know some methodist churches have those as well).  

ANY help you can give would be greatly appreciated! :)

Re: Center Aisle Churches?

• Options
    mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Druid Hills Baptist Church is very pretty. They also aren't overly strict about photography like many other churches are. Here's some pics!
    www.dhbc.org

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure First Baptist Snellville (in Gwinnett/off of hwy 78) has a center aisle, but it may also have side aisles. The Methodist church next to it is very pretty on the outside but I have never been inside, so idk about a center aisle. 

Just be sure to prepare for the possibility of steep service costs if you are non-member. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options

First Presbyterian Church and Peachtree Christian Church. Both are pretty pricey in located in midtown and buckhead respectively.

• Options
    I had a hard time finding a center aisle church as well!  There are a few in Madison and in Conyers. But a lot have strict rules.   We ended up getting married at the chapel at the Ga. State Botanical Gardens in Athens.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank y'all for your help!  :)  
  • Options
    College Park First United Methodist Church
    Druid Hills United Methodist Church
    Peachtree Road United Methodist Church
    Smyrna First United Methodist Church (BEAUTIFUL Fixtures)
    Atlanta First United Methodist Church
    Providence Missionary Baptist Church
    Dixie Hills Baptist Church
    Providence Baptist Church
    Peachtree Presbyterian Church
    Druid Hills Baptist Church
    Church of the Immaculate Conception (downtown, also has a bath at the top of the aisle, which cannot be moved)
    Peachtree Christian Church

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    leporalepora member
    First Comment
    YOu are awesome for posting this list! Blessings!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards