Georgia-Atlanta

Do NOT use RavePhotography and Design LLC as your wedding Photographer!

This vendor is very inconsiderate of her clients. I am in a lawsuit currently against Cathy Giron. She took my depsit and refuses to refund it to  me even though she moved 7 hours away from my town. I continued to use her, since she refused to refund me, and she did not show up the day of my engagement photos. She texted me the morning of at 7:20 AM saying that today was not a good day, and that she wanted to give me the best! I already had taken off work, worked overtime in order to do so, had a hair appointment made, a tanning membership and spent time getting outfits for these photos.

She breached the contract, did not show up- black and white. She will not talk to me. She will not refund me my money. I gave her 4 months to refund me, and she did not refund me my money within the time frame. So now I am filing suit against her. I gave her my attorney's number and she will not call him.

Below is what I submitted to the BBB: 

(She also has not responded to them either)

This vendor is very inconsiderate of her clients. In my personal experience, I paid Ms. Giron a deposit for my wedding photography to be done a year and five months in advance. At the year and three month mark, she left the state of Mississippi and moved to Atlanta due to a nasty divorce. I understand that those circumstances are difficult, but I did not hire Ms. Giron so that I could work with a vendor out of the state. In my particular case, I am a Texas-native planning my wedding in the state of Mississippi. I E-mailed Ms. Giron explaining my concern, saying that it is hard enough to plan a wedding with my family out of the state, but I particularly hired her because she was in my town. She left town, and left the state as a result of her divorce. Upon my request for my deposit back (a year and three months away from my wedding) Ms. Giron refused to refund my deposit. I assured her that she has a year and three months to find another client for the particular day that I had booked with her. In response Ms. Giron assured me that she would go over and beyond for me if I kept her as a client. Ms. Giron also assured me that I would not even notice that she’s gone.

When Ms. Giron moved to Atlanta, she changed her phone number and I never heard from her from her the entire year. Ms. Giron and I did respond via E-mail to set a date for my engagement photos. Starting in September I started asking Ms. Giron when would be a good weekend would be for us to shoot photos. By the time October rolled around we finally agreed on having photos the first weekend of December.

In regards to my engagement photos, a year a five months away from my wedding I made it particularly clear that I wanted fall engagement photos with outdoor scenery. I met with Ms. Giron two times in person more than a year and a half away from my wedding explaining my vision for fall engagement photos. Because Ms. Giron moved to Atlanta, she pushed back my fall engagement photos to the first weekend in December. She asked if I was okay with it and I said that I wish she could come sooner, but that will be fine.  Every time the cold weather blew leaves off the tree I worried that my dream-engagement photos were going to look dreadful. My engagement photos were sacrificed as a result of her relocation in Atlanta Georgia. At this time, I did notice that she was gone.

I never received a phone call from Ms. Giron from the month of August to the first week in December, and still have yet to receive a phone call after all of these proceedings. Ten days before our scheduled engagement photos I E-mailed Ms. Giron explaining how I am excited the day is finally coming up. She responded, unclear about when we were scheduled for photos. I reminded Ms. Giron that we had planned for the first week in December.

The first weekend of December rolled around, and Ms. Giron texted me the night before my engagement photos. She texted and had to indentify who she was because when she got a divorce in September she changed her phone number and never got in touch with me to tell me she changed her phone number. It is pretty important when you have a 4,000 contract with someone to have their phone number. Mr. Giron texted me asking if we could change my engagement photos from a Friday to the Sunday of that weekend. I texted back and told her no, and explained that I worked overtime this week to take Friday off of work, and have a hair appointment, and I have a test Monday that I need to study for on Sunday. I also was really looking forward to the photos and definitely did not want to be pushed back even further considering I had waited so long for my fall engagement photos. Ms. Giron texted back agreeing that Friday is perfectly fine, she just figured she would ask. Ms. Giron said that she would leave early in the morning to meet me in Hattiesburg Mississippi.

The day of our engagement photos finally was here. I woke up that morning with a text from Ms. Giron explaining that today is just not a good day, and she should have told me sooner. From that, I already knew that she never left Atlanta for my engagement photos. Something like that probably is important enough that she should have called me with a family-emergency in order for that to be acceptable. She did not have an excuse like that.  Ms. Giron explained that my wedding is just so far away we have so much time to do your photos!

I was extremely disappointed and asked Ms. Giron for my money back a second time. Ms. Giron responded saying that she is not just keeping my money to be mean, she is keeping it cause she already spent my money and she explained to me the photography business is expensive.  No services have been rendered on my end from Cathy Giron. She has not taken a single photo of me. Due to this breach of contract I feel entitled to my money, but Ms. Giron refuses to give it back to me.

The same day she cancelled with me, since I was off work, I had enough time to call an attorney and seek professional guidance on what to do. An attorney assured me that I have a case in the Justice Court. The first weekend of December I E-mailed Ms. Giron formally requesting for a refund of my deposit by March the 1st, 2013 or I will sue, and I will report you to the BBB. Ms. Giron has never called me or texted me after our scheduled day for engagement photos. I have not heard anything from her at all. I do not have my money back yet.

I would never recommend her services to anyone, particularly brides who need someone very reliable for their most special day in their lives.

Re: Do NOT use RavePhotography and Design LLC as your wedding Photographer!

• That is rediculous! You should check out the girls that did my photos. The website is <a href="http://www.fotografieatlanta.com/" rel="nofollow">www.fotografieatlanta.com</a>. I loved them. Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_do-not-use-ravephotography-and-design-llc-as-your-wedding-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:78f9c67f-d493-4bca-9669-42551c03c438Post:bf65b198-0852-4625-80de-00b70e2ce129">Do NOT use RavePhotography and Design LLC as your wedding Photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This vendor is very inconsiderate of her clients. I am in a lawsuit currently against Cathy Giron. She took my depsit and refuses to refund it to  me even though she moved 7 hours away from my town. I continued to use her, since she refused to refund me, and she did not show up the day of my engagement photos. She texted me the morning of at 7:20 AM saying that today was not a good day, and that she wanted to give me the best! I already had taken off work, worked overtime in order to do so, had a hair appointment made, a tanning membership and spent time getting outfits for these photos. She breached the contract, did not show up- black and white. She will not talk to me. She will not refund me my money. I gave her 4 months to refund me, and she did not refund me my money within the time frame. So now I am filing suit against her. I gave her my attorney's number and she will not call him. Below is what I submitted to the BBB:  (She also has not responded to them either)   This vendor is very inconsiderate of her clients. In my personal experience, I paid Ms. Giron a deposit for my wedding photography to be done a year and five months in advance. At the year and three month mark, she left the state of Mississippi and moved to Atlanta due to a nasty divorce. I understand that those circumstances are difficult, but I did not hire Ms. Giron so that I could work with a vendor out of the state. In my particular case, I am a Texas-native planning my wedding in the state of Mississippi. I E-mailed Ms. Giron explaining my concern, saying that it is hard enough to plan a wedding with my family out of the state, but I particularly hired her because she was in my town. She left town, and left the state as a result of her divorce. Upon my request for my deposit back (a year and three months away from my wedding) Ms. Giron refused to refund my deposit. I assured her that she has a year and three months to find another client for the particular day that I had booked with her. In response Ms. Giron assured me that she would go over and beyond for me if I kept her as a client. Ms. Giron also assured me that I would not even notice that she’s gone. When Ms. Giron moved to Atlanta, she changed her phone number and I never heard from her from her the entire year. Ms. Giron and I did respond via E-mail to set a date for my engagement photos. Starting in September I started asking Ms. Giron when would be a good weekend would be for us to shoot photos. By the time October rolled around we finally agreed on having photos the first weekend of December. In regards to my engagement photos, a year a five months away from my wedding I made it particularly clear that I wanted fall engagement photos with outdoor scenery. I met with Ms. Giron two times in person more than a year and a half away from my wedding explaining my vision for fall engagement photos. Because Ms. Giron moved to Atlanta, she pushed back my fall engagement photos to the first weekend in December. She asked if I was okay with it and I said that I wish she could come sooner, but that will be fine.  Every time the cold weather blew leaves off the tree I worried that my dream-engagement photos were going to look dreadful. My engagement photos were sacrificed as a result of her relocation in Atlanta Georgia. At this time, I did notice that she was gone. I never received a phone call from Ms. Giron from the month of August to the first week in December, and still have yet to receive a phone call after all of these proceedings. Ten days before our scheduled engagement photos I E-mailed Ms. Giron explaining how I am excited the day is finally coming up. She responded, unclear about when we were scheduled for photos. I reminded Ms. Giron that we had planned for the first week in December. The first weekend of December rolled around, and Ms. Giron texted me the night before my engagement photos. She texted and had to indentify who she was because when she got a divorce in September she changed her phone number and never got in touch with me to tell me she changed her phone number. It is pretty important when you have a 4,000 contract with someone to have their phone number. Mr. Giron texted me asking if we could change my engagement photos from a Friday to the Sunday of that weekend. I texted back and told her no, and explained that I worked overtime this week to take Friday off of work, and have a hair appointment, and I have a test Monday that I need to study for on Sunday. I also was really looking forward to the photos and definitely did not want to be pushed back even further considering I had waited so long for my fall engagement photos. Ms. Giron texted back agreeing that Friday is perfectly fine, she just figured she would ask. Ms. Giron said that she would leave early in the morning to meet me in Hattiesburg Mississippi. The day of our engagement photos finally was here. I woke up that morning with a text from Ms. Giron explaining that today is just not a good day, and she should have told me sooner. From that, I already knew that she never left Atlanta for my engagement photos. Something like that probably is important enough that she should have called me with a family-emergency in order for that to be acceptable. She did not have an excuse like that.  Ms. Giron explained that my wedding is just so far away we have so much time to do your photos! I was extremely disappointed and asked Ms. Giron for my money back a second time. Ms. Giron responded saying that she is not just keeping my money to be mean, she is keeping it cause she already spent my money and she explained to me the photography business is expensive.  No services have been rendered on my end from Cathy Giron. She has not taken a single photo of me. Due to this breach of contract I feel entitled to my money, but Ms. Giron refuses to give it back to me. The same day she cancelled with me, since I was off work, I had enough time to call an attorney and seek professional guidance on what to do. An attorney assured me that I have a case in the Justice Court. The first weekend of December I E-mailed Ms. Giron formally requesting for a refund of my deposit by March the 1 st , 2013 or I will sue, and I will report you to the BBB. Ms. Giron has never called me or texted me after our scheduled day for engagement photos. I have not heard anything from her at all. I do not have my money back yet. I would never recommend her services to anyone, particularly brides who need someone very reliable for their most special day in their lives.  
    Posted by gameofgolf23[/QUOTE]
  • Thank you So much Lizsparkles!
    We are figuring everything out. No one in the situation has told me that I am in the wrong. Several photographers are offended by how this photographer is making the industry look bad. Several photographers have told me that would NEVER have let things go so far.... It's been 4 months, and no refund yet.... I Just wanted to let the Atlanta Brides know that this photographer moved to your area and BEWARE :-/

• OMG this just makes me mad...and I am already married! We were very lucky with all our vendors but I get chills when I read horror stories like yours. My heart goes out to you. 

FYI, the BBB doesn't do much. It simply stands as an intermediary between you and the vendor. The best thing is they keep track of all complaints. I first was going to go with a photographer who had great reviews but when I saw his BBB report he was worse than a used car sales person. After some investigating I found out most of his reviews were fake and he normally double/triple books and sends photographers he finds on craigslist to shoot your wedding. So glad I avoided that!!! If you haven't found one yet, Check out my photographer, he did a great job and was able to accomodate our budget: www.nimafarsinejad.com
  • edited August 2013
    Hey everyone,  I think you guys are being misled.  I am using this company and I think this person is blowing this out of proportion. I have a friend that used them and their pictures were amazing!!  This is one of the most professional and talented companies I've ever had the joy of working with. I can't wait to see my wedding photos!!  My engagement photos were so fun and turned out great!! You guys don't need to believe everything you hear on here.  
  • Not getting your money back when someone no shows sounds pretty black and white to me :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards