Georgia-Atlanta
Options

anyone got any favor ideas???

i am thinking about doing peach preserves in a mason jar as a wedding favor.  i would also make a label to go on them.  anyone got any other good diy favor ideas-just want to something different versus the usual candy or matches.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: anyone got any favor ideas???

• Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do a full sized mason jar, that can wind up getting pretty expensive. You can look online to find mini mason jars or even some small jam jars. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing apple butter in 2.5 oz jars. I'm going to pick them up today from Hillcrest Apple Orchard in Ellijay, it's $2.50 per jar and you have the option of getting them with or without the orchard's label. I am putting fabric squares on top and tying a tag saying thank you for sharing our day. I would definitely do smaller jars to save money, and call around to some of the apple orchards in North Georgia to see what they can do to help save time and money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah, i was definitely thinking of the smaller jars for sure.  thanks for the replies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did water bottles.. they were a big hit.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the jam/preserves thing is pretty cute.  But just so you know, it isn't that different.  I've seen it at a LOT of weddings as favors for the past year or two.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing caramel apples that we are making ourselves!  I went to another fall wedding that had them as a favor and everyone loved them!  But I think some sort of jam or butter in mini jars would be real cute too. 
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards