Georgia-Atlanta
Options

We may have found our venue? Opinions needed, please!

We just went to look at our first wedding venue this weekend and both fell in love with it. It's what we had pictured and the location is only 10 minutes from my house. I'm a little cautious about booking it without looking at other venues first to be sure it's what we want. The other venues I have looked at online look very similar to the one we visited this weekend, but we would have to drive 30 minutes ore more to the other locations. Is it ok to book a venue without looking at others, or should we shop around first? The lady has 2 other brides who want our date who are coming to look at the venue this week.

Re: We may have found our venue? Opinions needed, please!

• Options
    Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely take a look around..you could always ask your dream venue (and they should if they are good business people) to offer you first right of refusal for the date.  You may end up loving the place you saw this weeked, but do think you need to see a few for comparison sake.
  • Options
    CelticTCelticT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say look around first. We both really loved the first place we visited, but after looking around elsewhere we realized it didn't really have everything we needed. And that was even the place I had dreamed of getting married at before I even knew I was interested in marriage! So I would definitely suggest looking around and getting a good feel of your choices before making a decision.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with looking around first a bit--perhaps other locations have services that you haven't even considered, or may prove cheaper?  Of course there's always someone that is going to want your venue and/ or date (or such a someone is always advertised), but I think being cautious is important.  This is an important and expensive decision; why rush into it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How far away is your actual wedding date? If you have the time to look around....do.  We looked at [no less than] six venues before closing the deal on ours.  Then again, we reserved ours in April 2010, and we're getting married August 2011.  Now that it's getting closer to August, my coordinator at our venue keeps telling me about the number of people trying to book our weekend and how they "should have planned earlier." 

Some things to consider:
    1) How far away is your actual wedding date?
    2) Is the area in which your venue is located popular in the season in which you're getting married?
    3) Are there any festivals, etc. going on the weekend of your wedding that could impede lodging for your guests?
    4) Did you get a "this is it" feeling?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help! We are trying to get a date this October, so we are pressed for time! I did get the butterfly "this is it" feeling while we were there. It's a new venue so she has been very accomodating and has made it clear that they are willing to work with us to make it fit our vision. I haven't been able to find anywhere else within our budget that is available and/or looks like what I have in mind for our wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd definitely look around like the other ladies said.. Maybe see if she can "hold" it for you until you have a chance to fully decide? I was set on getting married at Big Canoe but FI insisted I look around before making up my mind.. I knew even looking at other places where my heart was though.. Luckily they "held" our date for us until another bride was interested & then called to let me know that by the end of the week she would need a definite answer, this was about 3 weeks after my first visit. Just so happened though that the day before she called I had weighed all my pros & cons of the other places & had set my mind 100% on Big Canoe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi -
    HUGE SALE !! ~ 20% OFF ALL WEDDING GOWNS JULY 4TH WEEKEND ONLY !!

Atlanta Bride Couture
    20 Milton Avenue
    Alpharetta, GA 3009
    404-229-8690

Saturday 10am - 6pm
    Sunday 10am - 6pm

Ask for Sara !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards