Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Shopping for Plus Size Dresses in Atlanta

Does anyone have any suggestions for bridal shops in Atlanta, besides David's Bridal, that have a good selection of plus size dresses?  I have one just begun my search, and my biggest fear is that I won't be able to try on too many things because I am too big for the sample sizes.  I'm about a size 16 in street clothes. 

Re: Shopping for Plus Size Dresses in Atlanta

• Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aw, sweetie.  You don't need to be worried about finding a dress to try on in a size 16.  Go down to New Natalies and just try on different samples - they have a whole room filled with dresses in your size and bigger.  I bought my dress from them and was so FLIPPIN' worried that I would not be able to find anything.  I was so wrong and so nervous.  They were so helpful and kind and sweet.  No need to worry.  Good luck and I know you'll be a beautiful bride! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is so funny, I am going to New Natalies Saturday! I hear that it is great for plus size too! I am a size 18 right know and am suppppper stressed about it!
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, at DB the dress I really like is somewhere around $150 cheaper if I lose 2 dress sizes >_>. I'd like to try out New Natalies though! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you might want to try bridal sense.  they are a consignment shop, but there was a store called silver linings that sold strictly plus size dresses.  They went out of business and some of there left over dresses went there so they are still new.  I got my dress from them thought it was 2 sizes to big they are doing my alterations now and have been great.  I bought a size 22 but actually am a size 18.  I also have another dress I bought that is new that I changed my mine about if you are interested.  It is ivory strapless with beading.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also check out Anya Bridal Warehouse off of Fulton Industrial. They are a warehouse, so you won't get the princess treatment, but they have all sizes and really good prices (most dresses are under $1000) you can see all of their dresses online at www.anyabridal.com and they have 50% off sales several times a year. I bought my dress there on clearance for $200.
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a size 16 and really had no issues anywhere I went. Most woudn't lace or zipper but you could still get into them and get a good idea of what they looked like. Try Formally Yours in Lilburn. They were really nice to work with the times I stopped by.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to a sale on Sunday 10/3 that has plus size.  I think I will be a 16 or 18 and I called and they said they will have plus size.  I hope I find something.

It's called Pink Passion for Bridal Fashion.  Here is the link www.pinkpassionforbridalfashion.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the Anyas' Bridal suggestion.  I didn't end up buying my dress there - but found lots of dresses in sizes 16-18.  AND I was the only person there at the time! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If none of the other suggestions worked out - since I am late to this post - here are the other ones I had on my list. I'm also plus sized - a size 18/20 - so these are the suggestions I have gotten from friends other than those places already listed.

Bel Fiore Bridal

Silver Lining

Azalea Bridal & Formal

Alfred Angelo Atlanta

imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards