Georgia-Atlanta

Bachelorette Party Ideas?

Hey ladies. I am not from Atlanta, I'm a MOH trying to throw my girlfriend a bachelorette party from Pittsburgh. I have NEVER even been to Atlanta, so all the help you can give would be awesome!

I'm looking to do a spa thing during the day. Nothing to expensive.  Then take her to dinner - somewhere that will acknowledge that she is a bachelorette (we did mine at the Hard Rock in Pittsburgh - it was great, they called me out in the middle of the room with a mic and everything).  Then I want to find some sort of Country style bar, nothing with too crazy. I was thinking about that place called Opera for after the country bar.. then take her to Coronet club. 

I would like to stick to the same area- Northern Atlanta, if that is Buckhead? I'm not sure.

YOU'RE HELP IS NEEDED GALS!!

Thank youuuuu....

Re: Bachelorette Party Ideas?

• edited December 2011
    Hi there!  Funny, I live in Atlanta but am getting married in Pittsburgh :)

Natural Body is a local spa chain that I really like. They have a ton of locations, and I think they'd be good for the spa part of your day.

I can't help too much on the 'going out' part because I wanted something more low key so we're not going out.  But Buckhead has a ton of bars (it's just north of the city).  East Andrews is usually a good bar for going out and dancing.  Plus there are tons of nice restaurants in the area so you could find something nearby.

Opera is very cool but it's in Midtown - that is another great area for a bachelorette party because there are lots of bars/restaurants you can walk between.

I went to the Coronet Club for a bacheloretty party a few years ago when it was Maxim Caberet, and it was fun if you want a strip club.  They have a guys side and a girls side, and then a dance floor opens up at the end of the night.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    218 invited image 137 accepted image 81 declined image 0 haven't said image
    RSVP Date 7/30/2010
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a country bar?

I'm afraid I'm not too familiar on Atlanta nightlife. I tend to stay closer to the Kennesaw/Marietta area, and I don't really do the whole bar/club scene.

Is there a concert coming up that she might like to see? I don't know if that's something you would be into, but it's different.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Isn't Wild Bills one of the largest country bars in the South, its off 85N in Gwinnett as I recall.  Best of luck working on this idea so far away.  I have done several photo seesion attached to bachelorette parties and its seam like they are all different, I think women are just more creative about it then us guys.
    Anthony S of Montenero Photography, LLC. Married for over 12 years now, with 3 wonderful children. I am not actually a wedding photographer :)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if I can recommend stuff all in the same area, but I know a place for most  of the things you are looking for.

There is no cheap spa, but here are some popular ones:

BlueMed Spa (Midtown)
    Spa Sydell (several locations)
    Mind and Body Spa (Midtown)
    Natural Body Spa (several)

If she wants to have an experience like yours, you could take her to the Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta-- its in downtown.

Opera is a huge Vegas style club in Midtown. Its probably one of the most expensive places in town but perfect for a bachlorette party. If you show up with enough girls you might be able to get in free... I think cover is $20. You have to talk the bouncers into it, but some sugar and spice always works!

Near Opera =

Twisted Taco - collegey bar with pop music and dancing, fun, drunk bar.
    Front Page News- live music. lower key bar
    FlipFlops-- The current place to "see and be seen" in Midtown... it seems "young" to me so I don't go but then again, I'm 30!!
    SouthCity Kitchen -- not sure how many girls you have but its a great resturant with great southern food right by the bars.
    Door 44 -- all dancing, no talking because its too loud! Great music fun time

and more, all of these are within walking distance of Opera

You might want to get a bus because it looks like you want to go to several locations.

The furbus is a BLAST! I went on a bachlorette party in it and we had more fun in there than the actual bars!

http://www.furbus.com/

Country Bar = no clue, there might not be one inside the city-- maybe out in the suburbs?? I've heard of Wild Bill's mention above... its way outside the city, you would have to get a bus.

My biggest advice though is to ask your friend what SHE wants to do. My BFF ran around in a veil and took picture of shots getting licked off her stomach... that is SOOO not me. I just wore white, everyone else wore black and we went out on the town in SOuth Beach-- I must say, we tore it up!

• edited December 2011
    I had my bachelorette party on the FUR bus and it was SOOOO much fun, I didnt even want to go into any clubs because we were having so much fun on the bus. They will get you in places without having to wait in line as well. THere is also a new male strip club called Clydesdales. We stopped by the cornet club for my party and it was HORRIBLE.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards