Georgia-Atlanta

Caterers + Alcohol

My fiance and I are recently engaged (as of the 2nd this month!) and are jumping in as soon as we can. We have an appointment set for this Thursday to look at our possible venue.

My fiance wants to know if we can find a caterer that will do food AND alcohol all in one. I've tried looking, but came up with nothing. Anyone know of any caterers that do this? Maybe I missed something.

Our budget is not official yet, but we both feel the most important part of our wedding will be food and alcohol. Any information will be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.  Smile

Re: Caterers + Alcohol

• edited December 2011
    I don't know many caterers that do food and alcohol unless they're an entire event planning group.  There are certain licenses and insurance requirements for serving alcohol so many caterers just stick to the food.  If you want food/alcohol together, look into places that are all-inclusive or hosted by a resort, hotel, etc.
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen several caterers that will provide a bartender but you must provide the alcohol. I have yet to come across anyone that will provide both. Really, the only way I've seen to do this is to get an all inclusive package at your venue.
  • mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are planning to use a venue that will let us select our own caterer (and therefore provide our own alcohol). IMHO alcohol is a huge budget buster at all-inclusive venues, you end up paying big bucks for middle-of-the-road brands at best, and have to shell out even more if you want the good stuff. It will require additional coordination, but I think it's more than worth it to pay less money and be able to serve your guests exactly what you want them to have.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards