Georgia-Atlanta

Rehearsal Dinner Music

Hi - we are hosting our rehearsal dinner outside and are getting it catered from one of our fave restaurants.  It will be held at Big Canoe in Jasper, GA.  We are looking for a musician/guitarist that plays fun, upbeat music sort of like what you would hear on a patio at a restaurant on a nice night in Atlanta.  It would be a Friday at the end of October.

Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Music

• edited December 2011
    There's a band I know called Walk the Plank, they're from Atlanta and they are awesome!  I know they played a wedding at a restaurant earlier this summer and they were a hit!  It's tiki-lounge music, very cool and upbeat and would be great as background music.  I think you can email them here walktheplanktiki@gmail.com or find them on facebook!
  • retaviatoretaviato member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glenn Jiles is the best piano player around. He can entertain for a whole evening and never run out of material. Glenn has an eidetic memory and if he has ever heard a song, he can play it for you! So he does requests and he can play upbeat - anything.
    Let him audition for you, because you will be blown away!
    He has recently contracted to go on tour, but if you can schedule him at a time when he's not touring, you can't do better!

Best yet, you can have the best talent in Atlanta for less than a thousand dollars (I think that he's around $950.)
    He's also a great guy. Don't let the aw, shucks attitude fool you. He is a pro with a talent you won't believe!!
    Here's his number:
    678-315-8794
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards