Georgia-Atlanta

Cafe Aromas Bakery in Lawrenceville, GA- steer clear of it!

Approximately 2 weeks ago, I ordered a birthday cake and 24 petit fours for my wife's birthday party.  I instructed the lady at the desk that the party was on Sept. 18, 2010 and I would like to pick up my order by noon.  She took down all of the information as usual. I am a regular customer with this bakery and I spent several hundred dollars for my daughter's birthday cake and routinely buy cupcakes for the staff in my office.  I called on Friday, Sept 17th to confirm my order and the pick up time.  The lady who originally took my order said that there was no record of it. She then told me that she put me down for the 25th and not the 18th.  Of course, by this time I was very upset because it was 5pm and I had no birthday cake.  I was instucted by the lady on the phone that the owner, who bakes the cakes and who I have met numerous times would call me back.  Since I am a physician and this bakery is right around the corner from my office, I decided that it would be best to communicate face to face.  When I arrived, the owner told me that there was no way she could have my petit fours because it takes her 48 hours to make them.  She then stated that she would not be able to make my cake because she had 3 weddings on Saturday. 

My feeling was that under the circumstances, they confused the dates and they made no attempt to try to fix the situation.  I felt that this was extremely unprofessional, especially for a regular customer. I will not be visiting this bakery ever again, and I plan to tell all of my colleagues who frequent this bakery about my experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards