Georgia-Atlanta

Knotitie of the Week: mari0225

Post away! Looking forward to learning more about you :)

Names of the Couple?

Wedding Date?

How old are you? Your FI?

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple?

How long have you been dating?

Where did the you meet?

What was your first impression of your FI?

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far?

Any wedding-related challenges yet?

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!

Any favorite vendors yet?

Colors or theme?

What are your top three wedding-related priorities?

Any children yet or furbabies?

Kids at wedding?

Where are you honeymooning?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite tv show?

Favorite wedding dress designer?

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't
I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?

Re: Knotitie of the Week: mari0225

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Names of the Couple? Marianne and Wesley

Wedding Date? May 12, 2012

How old are you? Your FI? I'm 25 and he will be 31 in Sept.

Occupations and dream occupations of the couple? I am an Accounting Assistant and he works in the Meat Department at Publix. Our dream occupations, I would love to have a book published, I love writing. He wants to be a diesel mechanic, he loves working with his hands and on cars. He will going back to school for that after we get married.

How long have you been dating? We have been dating a year and half, two years in October

Where did the you meet? We met on cupid.com! I tried online dating before and found it not to my taste but my friend said "Give this guy a shot, at least talk to him on an Instant Messenger." So I did :)

What was your first impression of your FI? I thought he was so quiet and sweet! I was so shy and nervous, I just had major dental surgery...talk about timing! So I couldn't eat anything and my jaw was still swollen but something told me, "Don't cancel the date" He took me to dinner where I had soup...and then we went to the fair in Marietta. It was my dream first date! I didn't know if he would call me back but the next day he asked me out again! A month later I knew he was the man I would spend the rest of my life with and he felt the same.

Most exciting thing about wedding planning so far? Finding my dress!

Any wedding-related challenges yet? Gosh money was a big one! Then finding someone to do the cake that wouldn't charge a fortune. Then finding the venue, thankfully those things have worked out great now! Now it's the guest list!

Have you gotten the dress yet? If so, pic please! If not, post some that you like!
    The pictures do not do it justice! I got it in March at the Running of the Brides here in Atlanta! Such a great night! We went after work!

Any favorite vendors yet? Not yet, unless you count the wonder woman who's making my cake and dealing with me as I change my mind again and again!

Colors or theme? Mainly red...not sure what happened to my blue, lol it's been phased out.

What are your top three wedding-related priorities? 1. The I-Do Engravables Frame! That is my number 1 MUST HAVE 2. It not to rain!  3. Just to have fun!

Any children yet or furbabies? We have one kitty cat named Sweetie, he's adopted her as his own now and she's warming up to her daddy.

Kids at wedding? Yes we are going to allow kids at the wedding, I was on the fence about it but the important people I want there all have kids, so it's more important to me that they be there, and it's an outdoor wedding so after the ceremony they can play outside if they want. 

Where are you honeymooning? This is another thing that I just cannot make up my mind on! First it was a cruise, then Disney World, then St. Simons, now it's England as I have a friend getting married over there right after our wedding...so that's still up in the air! We will see how money goes!

Favorite book? My favorite Author is Nora Roberts, so I love everything by her...right now in my wedding crazed mine i'm LOVING the Bridal Quartet! Gah I wish they were real people!

Favorite movie? Hmmm gosh this is a toughy! I love Steel Magnolias, Fever Pitch, The Green Mile, A Time to Kill, many others

Favorite tv show? I still love One Tree Hill, I love Mike and Molly, and Blue Bloods

Favorite wedding dress designer? Vera Wang!

What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't
    Hmmm, I wish we could have invited everyone we wanted but there's simply not enough space.

Thank you for making me knottie of the week!
  • edited December 2011
    You guys met on cupid.com.......we met on okcupid.com - lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_knotitie-of-week-mari0225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:95d8792f-158e-4709-857d-ba332020dcecPost:b19adef0-61c8-4ba6-914e-e61d6987216e">Re: Knotitie of the Week: mari0225</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys met on cupid.com.......we met on okcupid.com - lol
    Posted by HYDROPHILE[/QUOTE]

Wow that's so funny! People are so suprised when I tell them how FI and I met!
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is an I-Do Engravables frame??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_knotitie-of-week-mari0225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:95d8792f-158e-4709-857d-ba332020dcecPost:060d8363-016f-4517-a7f4-861c392e313c">Re: Knotitie of the Week: mari0225</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is an I-Do Engravables frame??
    Posted by chrissyinatl[/QUOTE]

Oh it's this frame that comes with an etching pen and people can sign it and wish you luck!

We are using it instead of a regular guest book.

The link is below

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.idoengravables.com/?gclid=CNbAopWtuKgCFcOd7QodqHLwAw">http://www.idoengravables.com/?gclid=CNbAopWtuKgCFcOd7QodqHLwAw</a>
  • edited December 2011
    I have never heard of those - great - something to add to our list!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_knotitie-of-week-mari0225?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:95d8792f-158e-4709-857d-ba332020dcecPost:1c4965e6-2d9e-44b5-aa91-10ccd22a2812">Re: Knotitie of the Week: mari0225</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never heard of those - great - something to add to our list!
    Posted by HYDROPHILE[/QUOTE]

Haha I know! And they are not cheap! But it's one of those, "Gotta have it things" I already picked out the picture for it to go in, until we get our Wedding pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards