Georgia-Atlanta
Options

what I heard on Q100 this morning...

So the morning talk show I sometimes listen to had this bride on whose BM insisted on buying a dress two sizes too small because she wanted to use it as motivation to lose weight. So this bride was thinking about going behind her back to somehow switch the sizes so the "normal" size was ordered instead. She was hoping that the bridal salon would back her up to avoid a disaster when the BM couldn't fit into the smaller size. What do you guys think about this? What would you do if you were in her situation?

Photobucket

Anniversary

Re: what I heard on Q100 this morning...

• Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just let the BM deal with not having a dress that fits. She'll have to alter it or something if she ends up not loosing weight. And if the BM is smart, which this one doesn't seem to be, she'll just buy the dress in a bigger size when she realizes she won't fit into it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of ANY bridal salon that would "back her up" if the gown doesn't fit. I think it's B.S. that they would buy a dress two sizes too small. If you are so desperate to have YOUR friends (who agreed to be attendants in the first place because they are FRIENDS of the bride,) then perhaps you should have chosen other friends as bridesmaids? (You meaning the collective sense - not the poster, of course!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards