Georgia-Atlanta

Tell me about your venue!!

We were originally thinking about a Vegas wedding but this thing is starting to get bigger than expected. We are now thinking about having the wedding here and honeymooning in Vegas. I am currently in search of a recepton venue. What venue did you choose and why??

Re: Tell me about your venue!!

• chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine (the reception only, I'm getting married at a Catholic church) at The Atrium in Norcross.  Why did I choose them?  I had a few work functions there, and they were super easy to work with and I didn't have to worry about anything.  The place is also beautiful, the way the light bounces off everything inside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i chose the rock barn in canton, georgia.
    it was near the church we were getting married in, and very affordable. that's really all i was looking for when i looked at places- price, how many people it could hold, and where it was.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony in a church and the reception @ W Atlanta Midtown. Most of my guest will be traveling, so a hotel reception in the center of Atlanta was ideal. The room has windows on 2 sides with views of Downtown, Buckhead, and piedmont park. The hotel is trendy and fun, so it's great for my guest!
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm jealous, I LOVE that W!  Nice hotel!  (Wasn't anywhere near my church though)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding and reception at the Piedmont Room in Atlanta.  We chose it because we love Piedmont Park (we live right across the street) and the park had a lot of special meaning to us.  We also love the views and wanted our OOT guests to experience a part of the city we enjoy.

And, ymw, I'm jealous too!  We LOVE the W (we have a block of rooms there and are having our after party there) but it was too high for our budget!
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

P.S.  We also looked at and liked:  Wimbish House (too small for our 200 invited guests), Defoor Centre (our 2nd choice, but we ultimately wanted it in the park), and Cator Woolford Gardens (beautiful, but a bit far from Midtown where we wanted everything centered.)

• edited December 2011

We had ours at the Defoor Centre.  It's an art gallery with a pretty modern feel.  We had the ceremony in one room and the reception in another.  Here are some photos:

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the DeKalb Technical Conference Center (recently renamed Georgia Piedmont Technical Conference Center) in Clarkson.  It is a fairly new building with a beatiful atrium that I plan to use for cocktail hour, and access to a piano, etc.  You are also allowed to bring in your own food and alcohol.

• edited December 2011
    I used the Fox Theatre's Egyptian Ballroom.  It was pretty, but too pricey by the end b/c they nickel and dime you on everything.

I was interested in a lot of the other places mentioned here (including the DeKalb Technical Conference Center, which really is pretty), but they were booked.
  • edited December 2011
    We chose Blackstock Vineyards and Winery (though if they still use the same mandatory coordinator - I'd go elsewhere.)

Had we known about the problems we would have with our caterer, etc. we would have chosen the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga! Yeah, it seems a little far from Atlanta, but we would have saved $3000!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Pristine Chapel in Jonesboro for both the ceremony and reception.  We live OOT and wanted an all-inclusive venue that will handle most of the coordinating.
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Callanwolde Arts Center. It was great because we were able to use outside catering and we both our ceremony and reception in the same place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards