Georgia-Atlanta

Hair and makeup

Is anyone using or are you using on site hair and makeup? I'm terrible at both and would love someone to do it for me! I have having trouble finding someone at a reasonable price (wedding on a budget) I would love to be able to provide it for my bridesmaids too, but is it tacky if I have someone come do it for me and not them?

Re: Hair and makeup

• I couldn't make the logistics and money work to hire someone for my wedding, so I can't recommend anyone. But remember that onsite costs more, so if you can squeeze in the travel to the salon it will be more budget friendly. Also check out beauty schools for people just getting established... But definitely do trials!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have found both a make-up artist and hair stylist to come onsite.  My big challenge was that my bridesmaids won't be using them - they are beautiful as is and generally prefer to do their own styling.  I had a hard time finding someone to come onsite without requiring a minimum number of people getting services or a certain contracted dollar amount.  I booked with Veronica Sitterding for make-up, and I'm doing a hair trial run tonight with Nicoletta Gauci.  They aren't inexpensive (trials are about $75, then a $50 deposit applied to wedding day... wedding day about $175 (minus the deposit, but plus additional for false eyelashes).  Hair is $150 wedding day (trial is $75, plus $50 deposit applied to wedding day).   I got lucky with them as I am getting ready fairly early and they have another event that evening,so they are just squeezing me in.  They work together a lot.  Best of luck!

• I used picture perfect and they were amazing. Sarah did my makeup and Rachel did my hair. They also did all my bridemaids and my mom. They are WAY cheaper than the others I looked at and they did an awesome job. They put eyelash extensions on and they looked gorgeous. Check them out for sure: <a href="http://www.pictureperfecteventmakeup.yolasite.com/" rel="nofollow">www.pictureperfecteventmakeup.yolasite.com</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_hair-and-makeup-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:aa967027-f479-4e60-a509-4ef0e2ee6778Post:95dd71ee-845f-4b49-8759-9900a14f9cd3">Hair and makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone using or are you using on site hair and makeup? I'm terrible at both and would love someone to do it for me! I have having trouble finding someone at a reasonable price (wedding on a budget) I would love to be able to provide it for my bridesmaids too, but is it tacky if I have someone come do it for me and not them?
    Posted by emysobo[/QUOTE]
  • Good afternoon my fellow bride and congrats,

I am actually a makeup artist based out of Atlanta I'd be glad to do a consult with you and further discuss what look your going for as I know these wedding details can become very expensive. I'd love to be your artist for your special day!! you can email me anytime @ colargee.artistry@gmail.com or call directly to 7707336693

Jasmine
  • Check out a friend of mine. She is awesome! www.prettygirlgroup.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards