Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Help me find a venue!! Please!

The ONLY thing my fiancé is asking for in our wedding is a rooftop venue. But here's the catch: our wedding is in December (and we're on a budget). I can't seem to find anything. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced rooftop venue (enclosed, not open air)?

Re: Help me find a venue!! Please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does it have to be rooftop, or would a high-rise work just as well?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He asked for a rooftop. His pastor was married on a roof (during spring), and he loved it. Obviously we can't get married in the open air during December, but there are a few venues that have rooftop areas that are enclosed, but DANGGGG they're so expensive!! (Like the Peachtree Club, for example. I think Ventanas is another one).

I really can't afford either of those places. Frown

It would break my heart to NOT give him the one thing he wants. Cry
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what you mean by high-rise, though. Can you show me an example?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a rooftop, in atlanta, is going to be expensive.
    show him the numbers of places that you find, and talk to him. my H wanted a lot of things until he saw that they were unattainable for our budget.
    either up your budget, postpone so you can save more money, or find something different.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    By high rise, I meant top floor of a building like Buckhead Club (which is a bit more reasonable than Peachtree Club if I am remembering right). 

Also, there is a state owned place called Sloppy Floyd that I think is at the top floor of a government building.  I've never seen it, so I'm sorry I can't give more direction.  The people who coordinate/cater for state buildings like that one and the Georgia Freight Depot is named Stately Events.
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you move the date to a warmer month? That would also give you a little extra time to save up for a more expensive venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Vinings club has an open window feel...also piedmont room at piedmont park. Not sure about the budgets for either.
  • Options
    tensimmonstensimmons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the strand theater- in marietta, ga
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Old Courthouse in Decatur is top floor (?) It's not "rooftop" though.  I loved it when my brother had his first wedding reception there.
  • Options
    MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Oddfellows Building on Sweet Auburn. (Called the Atrium at Sweet Auburn).

They have a rooftop, not sure if they have another space that is enclosed rooftop, but I know they have open air (if you move it up). AND they are nowhere near the Ventana's pricetag.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try the Fuqua Pavillion.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board