Georgia-Atlanta

Publix Cakes vs. Traditonal Cake

Hi there
Have any of you looked into having cup cakes intead of a cake?  Publix does them and I have some preliminary contact info, but it looks like a cup cake stand is needed and delivery might have to happen from Alpharetta (for a Decatur wedding). 

I like the idea of cupcakes, but then I wonder if we're getting into other details (stand, boxes, etc.)

Cheryl

Re: Publix Cakes vs. Traditonal Cake

• KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be getting my cupcakes from them Publix nearest one to my venue which is only about 1/2 mile. I also plan on having them picked up. (I don't know if you told them if it's for a wedding or not, but I don't intend to.)

I'm actually building my cupcake stand but you can purchase cupcake stands for relatively cheap or build your own. My DOC will arrange them when they arrive the day of.
  • dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw a bunch of cupcake stands at HomeGoods the other day. They were cute and I bet you could sell them on theknot or craigslist later.
  • edited December 2011
    If you have a caterer, you may be able to rent a cupcake stand from them.
  • edited December 2011
    They sell cupcake stands at the William-Sonoma Outlet for $12.99. They're really nice and have sort of a vintage look to them :) Best of luck to you!

~Rebecca Bunch
  • edited December 2011
    FWIW: my brother and SIL got their actual wedding cake from Publix.  The Publix not only delivered it and set it up, but it was wonderful (taste, etc.) They got one of the designs you can choose (the "beach" themed one.) 
  • edited December 2011
    Publix did my wedding cake at a 4 star hotel in Naples, Fla.  It was amazing ... I got the raspberry filling ... everyone commented on who "good" the cake was :) !!

If you need a gown, shoes, veil, bridal party gifts make sure to go to ATLANTA BRIDE COUTURE .  They are having a HUGE SALE !! ~ 20% OFF ALL WEDDING GOWNS JULY 4TH WEEKEND ONLY !!

Atlanta Bride Couture
    20 Milton Avenue
    Alpharetta, GA 3009
    404-229-8690

Saturday 10am - 6pm
    Sunday 10am - 6pm

Ask for Sara !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards