Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

What exciting things have you....

been doing this summer? ( other than planning a wedding lol)  This board is SO quiet... everyone please come out and share....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What exciting things have you....

• Sadly my summer has been pretty boring. Wedding planning has consumed me..ugh. However, I have had the chance to catch up with some old friends here and there so that has been really nice. I'm trying to find a weekend and escape to the beach or something but so far it looks like that's not happening. Oh well, I'm heading off to Hawaii for my honeymoon so I guess I'll just have to wait til October to hit the beach.

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • kimannjosouthkimannjosouth member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    my FI & I help to build up the grounds at the Philadelphia Folk Festival almost every weekend. He is up there fixing stages and building staircases, and I am in the kitchen making salads and chatting with other "kitchen ladies". instead of sleeping in a tent like everyone else, he built us a little house to live in. i'll attach a pic because it's amazing--

the actual festival is in August, and I am looking forward to it. We met there =)

also, i run a literary arts journal and a new issue just came out... the day before our engagement! i need to pack up and mail issues out to our contributors and subscribers TODAY; i've been so overwhelmed with the new engagement (i haven't been secretly planning!) SO today: at least briefly stop obsessing over where/when... and pack and mail! post office closes at 5!

kajs
    kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not doing too much this summer.
    We did have a family trip to Water Country USA in Richmond VA, which was really fun!

Now I'm planning my boys' big birthday bash. Their birthdays are Sept 20 and 23. We usually throw a big party so I'm starting that.

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • I seem to be going away most weekends or having visitors stay with us constantly.  With an Australian fiance, the Aussies just seem to come visit in droves in July.  Between that and my work (I work in theatre and dance), Philly is a crazy, crazy time in July/August leading up to the Fringe.  I feel like I can barely get to the planning I want to be doing!

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Unfortunately nothing that is not wedding related.
    imageAnniversary
  • Well other than wedding stuff, all I've really done this summer is hang out. I guess the highlight so far would be the Color Run back on July 8.
    Anniversary
  • Pretty much just been trying to go to the beach as much as possible :-)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Ugh, I really, really need to get to the beach...

346 Invited imageimage 206 Are ready to party!! image 115 Are missing out image 28 Are making me wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Because I didn't think that wedding planning from San Francisco was challenging enough, I've been working on my campaign for the November election! Running for office is likely the most difficult thing I've ever done, and it gives me a real understanding of why more women aren't in office! There are many days that I can barely get myself fed; I couldn't imagine doing this with a child! So my wedding planning has been delgated to some down times, like between 11 and midnight on Fridays. :-)

But in exciting news, put down a deposit on a venue (Valley Green Inn) and now vetting DJs, photographers, and transportation options for shuttling. Open to suggestions!

Thanks, gals!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards