Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Venues in Flowery Branch area

Hey!  Newbie here.  I'm trying not to get TOO crazy with the planning as of yet, since we have almost two years to go, but I want to be able to at least get the church and reception venue lined up so I can confirm our selected date.  I plan on having the ceremony at my church in Flowery Branch and thus I need a reception venue that's within that area, meaning Flowery Branch, Gainesville, Buford, and maybe Winder.  Anything farther I think would be too far to make my guests drive (since most will be out-of-towners).  

Therefore, I come to you to see if there are any ideas out there.  It's a late November wedding, so indoors.  We're looking at ~ 150 invites (meaning probably ~100 guests).  Traditional or unique, I'm open to all suggestions.  I have an average budget ($20k total for the whole wedding).  I also have to be able to serve alcohol (FI and I aren't drinkers, but plenty of our guests are).  

Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

Re: Venues in Flowery Branch area

• Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about that area, But I know lots of people look to Dahlonega for weddings in that area. Lots of choices up there!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dahlonega would be nice.  I've seen a lot of places up there in my search, but that would be almost an hour away from my ceremony site.  Being as this is a Catholic wedding, I more than likely will not be allowed to have the ceremony anywhere other than the church, which is making finding a reception venue difficult. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Carl House is in Auburn, GA.  According to mapquest, it's about 35 minutes from Flowery Branch.  

Bradford House and Gardens is in Flowery Branch and Bona Allen Mansion is in Buford.
  • Options
    dombygatenbydombygatenby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elachee Nature Center?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Carl House and loved my wedding there! You should check it out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Chatthoochee Country Club in Gainesville.  It is directly on Lake Lanier and it is absolutely gorgeous.  A hidden gem.  If you go up there ask for Whittney and tell her Amanda, her 6-11 wedding referred you.  She is incredible and will take very good care of you.
    If you are stuck on doing the ceremony at a church, there are also several GORGEOUS churches on the way up.  You can check them out too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lake Lanier Islands Resort has a lot of venues.
    Also, check into Constance Manor, its in Winder.
  • Options
    melbybsmelbybs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about Chateau Elan in Braselton? They offer lots of packages and it wouldn't be too far for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards