Georgia-Atlanta

Cheap Wedding Venue HELP!!!

I have a 10,000 budget for the entire wedding I really do not want to spend over 1500 on the wedding and reception itelf pleae help me, any idea?

Re: Cheap Wedding Venue HELP!!!

• how many people are you inviting
  • edited May 2012
    I think $10,000 is a do able budget but, you will probably need to realign how you spend your money.  You can't feed 150 people of $1500 plus have the ceremony. That will be under $10 per person on your food. 
    Since you are posting on the Atlanta board I am going to assume you live pretty close the the Georgia/Alabama border.  You might want to try calling some of the locations in Douglasville, Carrolton, and Villa Rica. You might be able to get a better deal than with venus in Downtown Atlanta.
    I know my venue offers All-Inclusive packages that are affordable. My numbers are about twice what you are looking at but, the price for me was amazing.  It is The Centre in Douglasville.  It never hurts to try. I would call different locations and just tell them your budget and see what they can do for you.
    As my mom always says "It never hurts to ask".
    Best of luck
  • ooo have you looked at peach brandy cottagein dawsonville or heritage house in kingsland
  • i am actually from Alabama but we live in Atlanta but i will try those out thanks so much!!!

• I am having my reception at the WPA center in Carrollton. It's $400 for 8 hours and I think it was $200 more if you are serving alcohol. I am also having about 150 people.
    http://www.cprcad.org/facilities/wpa_center.php

There aren't any pictures of the inside, but you can call and they will take you on a tour. It's pretty nice.
  • Check out the Smyrna Community Center.
  • There is also a place called Sunset Ranch that is very affordable $650 for the weekend I believe. Also the local cater there Gabe's Downtown offers specials and is very open to working with your budget. 
  • Check out The Tisinger House! www.thetisingerhouse.com
  • 48-50 % of your budget should be on the reception/ceremony.  That means you can spend up to 5000.00 on your reception approximately.  This should include the site fee, food, drinks, gratuity, etc.  I hope that helps.  If you are bringing the food then $1500.00 is ok for the rental fee but you should spend about 4500-5000 for the total reception.  I hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards