Georgia-Atlanta

atlanta favor ideas

Hi ladies,
My wedding is still pretty far off, but I've started to think about favors.  Since most of our guests will be from out of town (and many have never been here) I was trying to think of favors with an "Atlanta" or GA theme.  The only things I can come up with is something related to peaches (but I personally don't like peaches) or coca-cola.  I know there are better ideas out there- help!!

TIA.

Re: atlanta favor ideas

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... well, anything Southern-ish might work. You could do something with sweet tea, jams, lemonade, grits, lol 

I personally love the coca cola idea. You could give old fashioned bottles or something, as they offer lots of stuff. I suggest this especially if you have any northern friends/family coming...they need to get some of the good stuff! As in not Pepsi...

Just playin' =D
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sent you a PM
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the idea of the old fashioned coca-cola bottles!  And, grits too! Thanks for the ideas.  Mymatt- i did not get a private message...
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm actually needing some similar ideas...most of my guests are from out of town also.  I was going to put together a WELCOME packet in the hotel and have NO idea what to put in it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our out of town guests are getting a GA goodie bag with a miniature Pecan Pie and a Coca Cola (in a glass bottle in it.)

Don't forget: Pecans and Watermelons are Georgia-specific, too :)
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's cute, Hydro.  I was thinking snacks, bottled water, some menus for nearby places maybe?? 

I like the mini pecan pie thing, cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Our wedding was 75% out of towners so I wanted to do Georgia things too.

We did pecans and I put them in little boxes. I got them from the people at the link below and they indvidually air-tight bagged them for me so I could make and pack the little boxes ahead of time. I made my ENTIRE extended family help! Ha! I got the boxes (and a million other things!) at Micheals.

http://www.werenuts.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards