Georgia-Atlanta

Athens Reception Venue Needed

Hey everyone! This is my very first post on here so bear with me!

I'm looking for an inexpensive place to have my reception in Athens, GA. We're having the ceremony at Herty Field on North Campus at UGA, but haven't nailed down the reception place. We're on a TIGHT budget! I would love it if we could just find a simple community type room or something where we could do a lot of it ourselves. We are expecting to have ~75 person wedding. Not looking to have a full meal, just finger foods and refreshments mostly. Would love it if there were room for dancing! Please send along any ideas you might have! Thanks so much! :)

Re: Athens Reception Venue Needed

• What do you think your budget will be? I got married at John Oliver Michael House right outside Athens, but it's not super duper cheap. It is, however, reasonably priced. There's also the Classic Center in downtown Athens. You may be able to rent a hotel ballroom in downtown Athens for pretty cheap. 

North Campus is beautiful, btw. :) I just graduated from UGA Law so I spent a lot of time there. Your pictures will be beautiful! Don't forget some cool edgy downtown shots. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you looked into the Georgian? It would be very easy for your guests to walk to since it is right downtown and I think that their rental fee isn't too bad. You can also check into the Center for Continuing Education on campus. I know that they have several options for event space that may work.
    Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards