Georgia-Atlanta

What to do with my wedding dress?

I stuffed this under my bed (I mean, all nice and neat, but still...) back in November after my wedding and said "I'll think about this later". 

Soooo I put an ad on Craiglist to try and sell it (which I have been told is near impossible, even if you try to sell it CHEAP - I listed it for $150 and got zero hits on it). 

Any ideas of what to do with it?  Where to donate it?  Should I just cut a piece off to save and throw it away?  It wasn't a really expensive dress ($600) but I'd feel weird throwing it in the trash, you know?? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What to do with my wedding dress?

• Do a Rock the Dress photoshoot. Or a Trash the Dress one.....if you aren't overly attached I would totally do it. Makes awesome pictures.
  • I would donate it if you can't sell it. You can give it to Goodwill - someone in need will probably really benefit from being able to purchase it there. 
  • Try to sell it on the recycled wedding dress sites, donate it to Cinderella closet, goodwill.
  • Oh I would do a Rock the dress photo shoot and then donate it. I just love the rock the dress photo shoots! I'm sure someone will get a good use out of it if you donate it afterwards.
    Buying A Home
  • i say post a pic
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I responded in a thread above, but i'll add here. I haven't gotten my dress yet and some of this depends on style, but I plan to shorten my dress and wear it on anniversaries/special occasions when FI/future DH go out for nice dinners, etc. I also plan to use that extra fabric for christening gowns for future kids. I don't plan to sell or preserve it. If these options for some reason dont work, i'd donate it or use the fabric for decorative throw pillows or something (a really cute idea I saw online somewhere-not pinterest, shockingly!)
  • That's a good idea about cutting it short.  It's really cute on the top - a halter top style, I was thinking somehow that I could save at least that part and have it re-sewn into another, simpler style of bottom.  Hmmm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh and here's a pic (the best one I have on this computer).  The bottom is super poofy and not fancy.  I think if I could save the top part....that would be good....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards