Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Deals - How to score them!

I've found out when I talk to small wedding business owners that they will negotiate prices to get my business. The larger companies have said, "Our policy is that we can't negotiate." That difference matters greatly, like in thousands of dollars!

So I make an offer based on apples-to-apples comparisons. It's usually in the form of additional services or freebies PLUS a discounted rate. It works! Give it a try with small-business vendors. You start the conversation about money by saying "I'd like to give you my business, but here's what I need".

Have any of you had success with making deals with small business vendors?

Re: Deals - How to score them!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_deals-how-to-score-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:c9872e42-15f6-4b8e-b2ab-9f31da63bcafPost:b1b367fc-719e-4421-8170-d232448a4e38">Deals - How to score them!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've found out when I talk to small wedding business owners that they will negotiate prices to get my business. The larger companies have said, "Our policy is that we can't negotiate." That difference matters greatly, like in thousands of dollars! So I make an offer based on apples-to-apples comparisons. It's usually in the form of additional services or freebies PLUS a discounted rate. It works! Give it a try with small-business vendors. You start the conversation about money by saying "I'd like to give you my business, but here's what I need". Have any of you had success with making deals with small business vendors?
    Posted by premv2014[/QUOTE]

Thankyou for the advise... how early do u think i should get a wedding planner?
  • Options
    salsabrosasalsabrosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the tip! I always feel a little weak in my negotiating skills and it's like they can SENSE it. I need to get better at this :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards