Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Engagement Pics and Makeup

Hello,

Im looking to take my engagement pics in Atlanta and I am looking for a reasonbly priced photographer and not too expensive either please!!

Also, where can I go to get my makeup done for my engagement pics, either for free or not too expensive.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Re: Engagement Pics and Makeup

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget for E-pics? Photography in general? 
    Charlie Routh will do a session for $200. He also offers packages that include E-pics. 

I did my own makeup for E pics, so I can't tell you anyone specifically. 

I do know that you can go to just about any department store and someone there will do your makeup "for free" as long as you by $x amount of products, usually around $40 or $50+. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_engagement-pics-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:cbd4499e-67d2-4669-b7d2-024f43ada433Post:d23596f4-b79a-4d06-b34b-a9d284f4304d">Re: Engagement Pics and Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE] I do know that you can go to just about any department store and someone there will do your makeup "for free" as long as you by $x amount of products, usually around $40 or $50+. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

I did my own make up as well, but this is what I also would suggest. Some photographers do "free" engagement photos if you book them for the wedding. Just an FYI.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    edited December 2011
    PM sent :)

• Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    edited December 2011
    I did my own makeup for my engagement photos too!! You can get some tips watching videos on YouTube.

As for a photographer, who is doing your wedding photos? Can the person who is doing your wedding photos do your engagement photos?
  • Options
    mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the department store makeup :)  I had zero makeup skills and went to MAC. The artist I had was super nice, I told her what look I was going for (be specific that you don't want to look like a drag queen) Tongue out  and she did a lovely job AND she wrote down step by step on a piece of paper how to recreate the look. That was several years ago and has been so helpful, now whenever I need to I can look like I went to a professional for my makeup.

If you go that route, it would probably be good not to do it the day of your session just in case you don't like the final result. But be sure you leave feeling comfortable on how to recreate it.

For engagement pics, I agree with everyone else that your wedding photographer is a good bet. They'll either throw it in or do it really cheap. If you are undecided, I think it's also a great way to "try out" a photographer - you can book an engagement session before committing to a wedding contract. You could also try to find an art student who would do it for free or almost free to build their portfolio.

Other than that, I'd recommend family or friends with a photography bug who would do it for free. You'd be surprised how many compliments we get from coffee books of photos we took ourselves, people can't believe they were not taken by a professional.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KeraeunKeraeun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys for all the suggestions!! We're actually having a destination wedding Destin. I'm still planning so I havent found a wedding photographer as of yet.

I do remember department stores would do free makeup sessions but I believe now you have to buy asleast a few of the products? I'm not sure.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    KeraeunKeraeun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    em01092: I will definately try Charlie Routh, he seems very reasonable in the price I'm thinking of. Is he in Atlanta?
  • Options
    mrsbrantleymrsbrantley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_engagement-pics-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:cbd4499e-67d2-4669-b7d2-024f43ada433Post:ab9ece26-bac9-4875-af7c-9cb6be4bacbd">Re: Engagement Pics and Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks you guys for all the suggestions!! We're actually having a destination wedding Destin. I'm still planning so I havent found a wedding photographer as of yet. I do remember department stores would do free makeup sessions but I believe now you have to buy asleast a few of the products? I'm not sure. Thanks again!
    Posted by Keraeun[/QUOTE]

Yes, the expectation is that you will buy some products. I think em01092's estimate of around $40-50 is about right.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't help with the make up b/c I did my own for my engagement session but I loved my photographer Rebecca Bunch!!!!! She did a wonderful job and the engagement session was ony $200 and we received lots of Prints and a cd with over 200 images on it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards