Georgia-Atlanta

Hey

How are everyone's wedding plans coming along?!

I am hoping to have my Save The Dates out by the end of the month! We are going shopping for the bridesmaids dresses tomorrow! Hopefully we can get that locked that in! They had picked out a dress and now two of the girls have changed their minds!

Re: Hey

• pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    5000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Very well, thank you for asking. I have a tasting on Tuesday and I've ordered my Invitations. I know it's still a bit early, but I'm taking the same approach I did with my STDs - Start addressing them early so that procrastination doesn't become a problem ; )
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_hey-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:d764a68b-155d-4056-9d12-e7a7a03bbebfPost:55a68b7c-4ff0-4ca7-a845-98e6c5a158ed">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very well, thank you for asking. I have a tasting on Tuesday and I've ordered my Invitations. I know it's still a bit early, but I'm taking the same approach I did with my STDs - Start addressing them early so that procrastination doesn't become a problem ; )
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Cool! Thats a good idea! We have our invites we need to address them so they will be ready! Yeah I dropped the ball with the save the dates lol going to spend a full weekend on those!
  • em01092em01092 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    It's going well! I graduate from college in 2 weeks, so I've been focused on that recently. I have a hair/makeup trial and a dress fitting in January, and I'll probably meet with my caterer/reception manager again then too. That's also when I plan to start my invitations, because I'll be in a paralegal certificate program all of February and March so I won't have a lot of free time. I also need to pay the balances to the DJ, florist, caterer, and photographer. 

Mari, good luck BM dress shopping! 3/5 of my BMs have theirs ordered. Have you thought of picking a color and length and letting them pick a style? That could save you some headache. 

Poke, I'm the same way! Might as well get it over with! It has to be done at some point and might as well be when you have lots of time. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    i ordered our photo book last weekend, and got it yesterday! it's beautiful, i love it so much!

i did my invites super early too... i think i had them completely done in april for my sept wedding. quite a load off my mind when i was freaking out in june!
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_hey-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:d764a68b-155d-4056-9d12-e7a7a03bbebfPost:769778d7-4cf8-4923-9bb6-2da597e7f079">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]i ordered our photo book last weekend, and got it yesterday! it's beautiful, i love it so much! i did my invites super early too... i think i had them completely done in april for my sept wedding. quite a load off my mind when i was freaking out in june!
    Posted by jmorford[/QUOTE]

That's great! I am going to do my Invites as soon as I get these Save the Dates out, my grandmother has finally given me the last of the addresses I need! Haha I was getting to close to sending an email like Anne Hathaway in Bride Wars.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_hey-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:d764a68b-155d-4056-9d12-e7a7a03bbebfPost:3e27158f-53c1-4f22-b9e7-3b5a7451c9b4">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's going well! I graduate from college in 2 weeks, so I've been focused on that recently. I have a hair/makeup trial and a dress fitting in January, and I'll probably meet with my caterer/reception manager again then too. That's also when I plan to start my invitations, because I'll be in a paralegal certificate program all of February and March so I won't have a lot of free time. I also need to pay the balances to the DJ, florist, caterer, and photographer.  Mari, good luck BM dress shopping! 3/5 of my BMs have theirs ordered. Have you thought of picking a color and length and letting them pick a style? That could save you some headache.  Poke, I'm the same way! Might as well get it over with! It has to be done at some point and might as well be when you have lots of time. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]
    That's great you've done a lot!!!

Thanks! Haha that's what I did and they had picked one and I told them, "are yall sure it's $150" and they said yes and then right before ordering two decided it was too expensive after all. So they have found a cheaper one now, and two of the four have ordered them so that's a relief.

Haha then we were going to try and make my veil but I really think that I will just order it to save time...plus I can't sew and none of the other girls know how either.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_hey-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:d764a68b-155d-4056-9d12-e7a7a03bbebfPost:f920d9cf-8304-43f0-821d-b29a824f2c8e">Re: Hey</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm like all of you.  I'm sending out my save the dates this week.  I did them over Thanksgiving weekend and ordered our invitations that weekend too.  To me, it makes it easier to get some of the smaller things out of the way that I have time to do now before I have to really get into tux fittings, meeting with the caterer, baker, band, etc. We stil haven't decided on a band although we've talked to several and have it narrowed down.  We just have to talk to them about booking, but my FI wants to wait until after the holidays. I did what you did Mari - I let my BM choose their dress styles.  I'll be ordering one this month before she goes back to school (my oldest niece).  Then two others we're ordering in January.  My co-MOH's aren't going to be purchased until April.  They're just wearing nice, long black dresses that they can wear another time.  But my matron of honor is pregnant and due at the end of March so we decided to wait until after she had the baby to get hers.  (It's their first and she doesn't know how much weight she's going to put on... her husband's 6'7".)
    Posted by melminna[/QUOTE]

Yes it is so much easier to get some of these things out of the way!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm like all of you.  I'm sending out my save the dates this week.  I did them over Thanksgiving weekend and ordered our invitations that weekend too.  To me, it makes it easier to get some of the smaller things out of the way that I have time to do now before I have to really get into tux fittings, meeting with the caterer, baker, band, etc.

We stil haven't decided on a band although we've talked to several and have it narrowed down.  We just have to talk to them about booking, but my FI wants to wait until after the holidays.

I did what you did Mari - I let my BM choose their dress styles.  I'll be ordering one this month before she goes back to school (my oldest niece).  Then two others we're ordering in January.  My co-MOH's aren't going to be purchased until April.  They're just wearing nice, long black dresses that they can wear another time.  But my matron of honor is pregnant and due at the end of March so we decided to wait until after she had the baby to get hers.  (It's their first and she doesn't know how much weight she's going to put on... her husband's 6'7".)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    100 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Ummm my wedding's over (11/19) and it feels so weird to be done! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards