Georgia-Atlanta

Dora Baker Rave!

I just met with Dora Baker for my initial consultation today and she is fantastic!

She will be hemming my gown, redoing the bustle (because of the hem), adding boning to slim my figure and help it stay up, and taking it in for around $200! 

This is great because I had budgeted way more than this! I heard she was great with prices and does great work. Anyone in the market for a seamstress should definitely check her out. 
April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**

Re: Dora Baker Rave!

• kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, it is always fun when things come in under budget.  Congrats!

What area is she in?
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! It is indeed awesome. 

She's in Gwinnett, near Lawrenceville.
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    she altered my dress too- she is truly wonderful!
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good, I'll have to keep her in mind. 
  • saorisenylsaorisenyl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is this coming Saturday, and she just finished mine.  She is very affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went for my intial consult last week as well and she is AMAZING! She is putting in a zipper where the corset back is currently which will require some extra work (taking out the sides and reshaping the dress to ensure the layers sit as they should), adding in boning and bust darts, adding bridal buttons and loops, and bustle for under $300. Added bonus: she is one of the nicest ladies and very helpful with setting up fitting appointments with my schedule.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! I'll definitely keep her in mind.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you guys have her contact info?

How far in advance to your wedding did you have your first appointment?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my wedding was sept 3, and my first fitting was june 14. she likes to be able to start early.
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_dora-baker-rave?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:d9ffbe83-61be-4fa7-aecd-3807fc905995Post:76dc93a1-cd7a-4002-a8e6-d21d55d35377">Re: Dora Baker Rave!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys have her contact info? How far in advance to your wedding did you have your first appointment?
    Posted by chrissyinatl[/QUOTE]

<div>Just google Dora Baker Lawrenceville and her number pops up. Her shop is in her home so she will not send you her address until you book a consultation. </div><div>
    </div><div>My wedding is in April and I went ahead, just to make sure of the pricing and to get it out of the way. We set up another appt for November 19 and then we will go from there, probably a 6 week and 2 week prior fitting for last minute issues. I hate waiting until the last minute. As long as you don't gain or lose more than 10-15 pounds, only minor modifications will have to be done. </div>
  • edited December 2011
    She is WONDERFUL! I highly recommend her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    She is WONDERFUL! I highly recommend her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards