Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Nestie/bumpie looking for a rec for online shop...

Hi ladies, I'm venturing over here from the Philly nest board. Congrats on your upcoming weddings! My bro is getting married and my mom is looking for a reputable online storebto buy her mog dress. Back when I got married she got her dress online at lee Philip bridals but they're out of business. Any recs would be appreciated. TIA.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nestie/bumpie looking for a rec for online shop...

• edited December 2011

How formal of a dress does she want?

Honestly, my mom got her dress at JC Penney lol.  We looked at a lot of the higher end department stores, but very few had any dresses that didn't look like a potato sack or a granny dress in her size. 

MOG got her dress at a bridal salon (not sure which one... possibly DB but don't quote me on that).  Wedding is next weekend, and the dress hasn't come in yet.  Which is exactly why I suggested a department store for my mother, so that she wasn't still waiting a week before the wedding for her dress to come in. 

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
  • larrysdarlinglarrysdarling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She wants something pretty formal. It's a NYE wedding.  I'm pretty familiar with the local shops, I was just wondering if there were any online stores like Pearl's Place. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We had a horrible time looking around for MOB dresses. Most were old and frumpy with really dull and horrible colors. My mom is "young" and thin and these dresses actually made her look older and larger. The department stores were the worst! And some of the bridal shops are pretty bad too with expensive prices.

We finally found a great selection at a random bridal shop in Norristown - Belle of the Ball Bridal. I would absolutely recommend going there for a MOB/MOG dress!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Macy's. You can even go to macys.com where they'll have a larger selection of formal gowns. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    larrysdarling- your siggie pic- WOW! and what a neat shot-wherever that was!

• larrysdarlinglarrysdarling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_nestiebumpie-looking-rec-online-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:48dfdc62-858d-4e44-9c2c-fcc84a96ac0fPost:cb2c9307-4a0d-4d80-a279-ebe87e758185">Re: Nestie/bumpie looking for a rec for online shop...</a>:
    [QUOTE]larrysdarling- your siggie pic- WOW! and what a neat shot-wherever that was!
    Posted by kiskra[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My pic from tb has my daughter in it so I forgot this pic was still even around! This was a dilapidated barn in a field on the way to my reception site in NJ. Our photographer was Doug Burns from Candid Moments and our pix turned out a.maz.ing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards