Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Feeding guests...

Soooo...

My fiancé and I are trying our best to keep the budget under control. My mom and I were making a Tuscan soup today and it donned on me. "Why not have a variety of soups and salads along with a variety of breads!"

Does this seem tacky?? I love the idea of loaded potato soup, three cheese tomato soup, tortilla chicken soup, and maybe a couple others, fresh fruits, salad, and baked bread... Idk!!!

Re: Feeding guests...

• Options
    What time of day and time of year is your wedding?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_feeding-guests?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:dd629622-625c-443c-8f45-9c7249c1b099Post:afd2c20d-cf72-409a-b007-52deabb75d1e">Re: Feeding guests...</a>:
    [QUOTE]What time of day and time of year is your wedding?
    Posted by kristakay4102[/QUOTE]

Our date is September 14th, 2013. We are thinking afternoon. I brought the idea up to my fiancé and he brought up the idea of including sandwich pinwheels and mini-sandwiches.
  • Options
    It's still rather warm in September in Atlanta. While I think the idea is okay, if you are having a kind of down home, small wedding, it just seems seasonally inappropriate. Your FI's idea of sandwiches isn't bad either, and better in September, I think. I would personally try and find another alternative. I just think it's too hot for soup in September. 
  • Options
    Its not tacky. Will you be indoors for your reception? Also, consider how much the ingredients of in your soup can add up as far as price. You could try serving heavy hor d'oeuvres or make some sort of theme out of it idk lol but I if you two really like the idea go for it but try asking your other guest and bridal party what they think of the idea.
  • Options
    Our ceremony will be outside and the reception will be inside. We are definitely having a salad bar, sandwich bar, dessert bar and fresh breads. I have an amazing recipe for loaded potato soup which yields roughly 5 gallons. This is soooooo stressful.
  • Options
    IM GETTING MARRIED IN OCTOBER OF NEXT YEAR AND THIS SOUNDS IKE A FANTASTIC IDEA. I ALSO LIKE THE IDEA OF A MASHED POTATOE BAR.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards