Georgia-Atlanta

Vendor Reviews

Hi,
I've just returned from our honeymoon and wanted to make my final post since this board was so helpful to me!  Our wedding was Sept 4th.  I added a few phone numbers, but most can be located by googling the names. 

Venue: Pace House & Old Pavilion B+
They were very responsive to my questions and concerns.  I rated this as a B+ because of everything became more complicated vs. using an inclusive reception site.  While this was not there fault, they didn't always make it easier either.  For example, it was great we could buy our own alcohol, but then we had to arrange drop off, and no flexibility to this the day prior.  The site is managed by a 3rd party.  We chose to go this route to save money, but I'm not sure the savings was worth the hassle.  We did have an issue the day prior to the wedding with the overgrown flower boxes and they did make it right by re-planting the box.  Dee Lane was very helpful.

Photo: Cayce Callaway A (the ++++ will come later when I see my pictures!)
Cayce was very good and I can't wait to see the pictures.  She had a great package in the range of $3500 that included engagement pictures.  She was always super responsive and we get copyright to reprint.

Makeup & Hair: Indulge Day Spa (770.838.9095) A+++
Sara as Indulge did my hair and makeup on site.  While I had to drive to Carrolton for my consult, it was well worth it because their rates are very low ($85 for both hair and makeup, plus $25 on-site fee)!  She did a wonderful job on capturing the look I wanted.  She showed up early, which ended up being good since my MOH was a little challenging on what she wanted. 

Catering: Cary's Catering A+++
This was our best choice in selecting a vendor.  From the beginning, I knew this was the right choice.  In requesting a quote, he provided me exactly what I asked for (most don't listen and customize their quotes at all).  Everyone raved about the food.  They were also the most reasonably priced.  Cary also personally answering my numerous questions and coordinated several our rentals.

DOC: Tiffany Clowers (www.TCEvents.biz) A+++
tiffanyrclowers@gmail.com
I was on the fence of whether I needed a DOC, but am so glad I hired Tiffany.  Tiffany was super, she followed up ahead of time to help with reminders and met me at the site to know how to setup the decor.  She met us upon arrival and continually made sure things were flowing well.  The decor she setup was outstanding and the reception looked gorgeous!  She is establishing her business and therefore priced very reasonably.  I thought she really enjoyed the work and that was nice too!

DJ: Spectrum (Tom Russo) A+
Tom did a great job keeping the party going.  He played music we requested and even asked before he played the 2nd requested Polka song (yes, Pokla - my husband is Polish!).   

Alterations: Linda Gillentine 770-396-0598 A+++  Linda was awesome and so sweet!  I had my gallbladder out about 2 months before my wedding and was panicking because my weight changed some because of the surgery (and lack of exercise!).  She allowed me to wait until 2 weeks prior to the wedding and did an outstanding job! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    One more...

W Hotel (Perimeter) B
    We blocked hotel rooms at the W for family.  I signed a contract for the rate of $109.  Upon booking our room, I learned they had "ran" out of the $109 rooms and ALL our guest were being charged from $140-190/nt.  The manager explaned to me that the block didn't guarentee rooms, which made no sense at all given the wording in the contract.  Anyway, long story short, we threatened to rebook all the guest somewhere else and they adjusted the rates.  Mark was very helpful, but lookout for the rates and be sure you understand the contract.  I had an event planner look at it also, and she thought they were also wrong in their application of the "run of the house" rooms, but in the end, luckily, it worked out. 
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for sharing!! Please post pics when you get a chance. :0)
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to see pics of your hair and makeup.  I am in search of someone who is reasonably priced for my november wedding.
  • edited December 2011

I'm waiting for a link to my pictures, but here's one my FIL took!  I don't have a great picture of my hair, but it's up and had curls.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards