Georgia-Atlanta

Re: Deleted

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh what venue have you looked at for 300? PM me for the details please! We're kind of going for a similar feel :) thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look in any of the state parks as well for pretty park pavilions.  Where in Atlanta are you looking? How far are you willing to look?  I know there are some gorgeous park/barn settings in far North Georgia. 

How many people are you wanting your venue to hold?  That will narrow some options down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know of a great place that I think would really work for you. It is in Villa Rica though, so maybe that's too far west? Let me know if you'd like the info on it.
  • Options
    pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Roswell River Landing in Roswell GA is $900 for the whole day from 8 am - 2 am. It's venue only so you have to do everything yourself, but lots of people prefer it that way because it keeps costs down.

&EDIT: They also chage a $500 security deposit which you get back once they see you haven't wrecked the place  : )
  • Options
    WunderfluffWunderfluff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Look in any of the state parks as well for pretty park pavilions.  Where in Atlanta are you looking? How far are you willing to look?  I know there are some gorgeous park/barn settings in far North Georgia.  How many people are you wanting your venue to hold?  That will narrow some options down.
    Posted by HYDROPHILE[/QUOTE]
    We live in Marietta and have checked the Marietta Square, and pretty much all of it's other venues unless I'm missing a well-kept secret. I'm willing to check out anything in northern ATL, but more and more I'm looking at North GA (paritcularly western North GA/ BlueRidge Mountains area as his parents live there) because it's just prettier than the city. I'm an Atlanta girl born and raised, so I have no idea what pretty parks are up there!

We agreed on 60 people, but FI's list is longer than mine, so I have a feeling that might get bumped up to around 80 or so. Granted, not all of those will show, but better be safe than sorry as 98% of our guests are extremely local.

I personally would've loved to have a backyard wedding, but FI and I don't hqve the yard for it.

[QUOTE]I know of a great place that I think would really work for you. It is in Villa Rica though, so maybe that's too far west? Let me know if you'd like the info on it.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]
    It might be a little far, but I'm not opposed to a little drive. I'd love to chek it out!

[QUOTE]Roswell River Landing in Roswell GA is $900 for the whole day from 8 am - 2 am. It's venue only so you have to do everything yourself, but lots of people prefer it that way because it keeps costs down. &EDIT: They also chage a $500 security deposit which you get back once they see you haven't wrecked the place  : )
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]
    I'm not entirely opposed to RRL, but that $500 deposit is a tad off putting... I might go check it out this afternoon
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    North Georgia:

Amicalola Falls State Park
    Unicoi State Park
    Smithgall Woods

As far as local areas:
    Deer Lick Park - Douglasville

There are quite a few other locations in/around Marietta as well.  If you go to the City of Marietta website, and you click on a Parks and Recreation link (I know they have one - just don't remember where,) it will show you parks in the area.  You can do this with most any city/town as well. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had her wedding a couple of years ago at McDaniel Farm Park in Duluth.  She got married in front of the beautiful old barn and had her reception picnic style in the paviliion.  The property has many gorgeous places for photos.  I think she paid $75 to reserve the pavilion? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had her wedding a couple of years ago at McDaniel Farm Park in Duluth.  She got married in front of the beautiful old barn and had her reception picnic style in the paviliion.  The property has many gorgeous places for photos.  I think she paid $75 to reserve the pavilion? 
  • Options
    revilorevilo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Where is the venue for $300?? Don't worry, I'm not getting married for a year, so I won't steal your wedding date Smile

Thanks!!
  • Options
    missjessxxmissjessxx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like to know about the $300 venue too! My wedding is next year (2012) so I am looking desperately for something cheap but nice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards