Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Question about Glen Foerd Mansion

Has anyone been to, or had their own wedding at Glen Foerd Mansion in Philly? I love it, and am very interested in booking it, but I have one concern that I'm hoping to get some feedback on. They say that the reception room holds 155 people, but I have read several reviews online that it is tight with that many people. If anyone has any insight on this, I would really appreciate the help!!!

Re: Question about Glen Foerd Mansion

• Options
    My friend was married there a few years ago. I believe she said she had about 120ish people, and I thought the dining room where we ate was cramped. I remember the table next to us seemed like it was in a separate room (it wasn't...it was in an alcove, and I know the people at the table had to twist and contort in order to see the front of the room where the speeches were going on). I find it hard to believe that it could hold 155...I think that would be super tight. It is a beautiful place though, and the part in the back (with all the glass) is absolutely gorgeous. How many people were you planning to invite?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for your response! We are planning on inviting around 150. Was the dinner inside the mansion, and not in the glass room? We would be having the dinner in the glass room.
  • Options
    Oohh...I didn't realize that was an option. The dinner was in the dining room. They had the dancing, cake and some tables set up in the glass room. Since we didn't eat in there, it's hard for me to imagine what 150 people would look like in the glass room. Maybe you can make an appointment to see it again when they have it set up for a big wedding? Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i recently did a walk thru there...and while it was beautiful...the hall was a little cramped...and i also didnt care for the fact that the entire "museum" section would be open during my whole reception for guest to roam...maybe i sound a little bratty, but its the biggest day of my life and i feel like my guest should be in the hall celebrating with us...not on an unguided tour...and besides i am always affraid something will break or something and I will be responsible...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards