Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

***lauren123455***

How did it go?!?!

I missed my goal of under 2 hours, but I finished in 2:03.  So close!  Overall, it was a good run and my longest run ever.  So I'm happy  :)

Re: ***lauren123455***

• Options
    lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  I'm so proud of us!  It went great and I had so much fun!  I also missed my goal of 1:40 and finished in 1:43...but it was still a blast.  We kept a good pace the whole time and I felt strong the whole way.  So I'm sure it was better to miss my goal and feel consistent and strong rather than pushing it too hard early on and crashing by City Hall.  Miles 7-8 were soo boring though, right?   I'm so glad I did it and am looking forward to doing it again! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome job!  If I had kept pace with my younger sister I would have been there in 1:48.  But I was afraide of crashing to early.  7-8 were definitely the worst! Probably because for the first 5 or 6 you're just pushing on to City Hall.  Then there are a whole lot of people there.  After that, you're just waiting to get to the stadiums and then Navy Yard and there are a lot of people again.

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree --- at least you could see City Hall/the skyline for the first 5 and a half miles...and then the crowds through 7 were a huge help....but there was little fan support and nothing visible to run toward until the stadiums were in sight.  But even 7-8 weren't as terrible as I was expecting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

congrats girls!!! I wouldnt have made it one mile lol! thats awesome :)

• Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!   :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I couldn't run more than a mile when I started training in January ---- so you could totally do it if you wanted to!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards