Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

late night snack...

So ladies I just bought stemless wine glasses with our cherry blossom theme on them as well as our names & wedding date. I am thinking about having them brought out around 10:30 with watermelon water ice inside them. our wedding is in August and goes until midnight. Our colors are brown & pink so that is why I am doing pink water ice. Please tell me if you think the water ice idea is weird..................or creative?????

Re: late night snack...

• edited December 2011
    Welcome! Please introduce yourself!

I said yes water ice is a good late night snack but I do have to add that if the glasses are the favor I think you will see a lot of people leave them behind. Not many people want one or two glasses in their house with someone else's name & wedding date on them. Just the cherry blossoms may have been ok, but the name & date would make them trash worthy for me. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_late-night-snack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:4a7942f2-3248-4bfa-a0ec-867c148b25bePost:23cd3ae7-3c1a-43e8-ab88-de3c9b56e15c">Re: late night snack...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! Please introduce yourself! I said yes water ice is a good late night snack but I do have to add that if the glasses are the favor I think you will see a lot of people leave them behind. Not many people want one or two glasses in their house with someone else's name & wedding date on them. Just the cherry blossoms may have been ok, but the name & date would make them trash worthy for me. :(
    Posted by jelybeancg[/QUOTE]

THIS...exactly...your names on yours is one thing...but everyone elses...not!!  I would not keep it unless I was your mother or someone very close... sister... something...

But just as a guest...I would like the glass without the names; the flowers would be okay.
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies I think the glasswear is already bought.

She just seems to be looking thoughts on the water ice
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't serve water ice in your favor...

I wouldn't want to take home a dirty sticky glass
  • edited December 2011
    glasses are already bought.....I wish I would have done the chery blossom only as well, but it is too late now. I think I am going to skip the water ice......a few close friends agreed with the glasses being to sticky. thanks for all the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards